Parvum: Frosted Designare - Hard fitting installed and tubing plan!

Soldato
OP
that gpu is stunning tho shame about the price

yep, does match rivals but still hard to swallow . Think I might get a Ti FE and add a universal block coming out of the top, missed the steal on the 1080 WB version :(

also wife signed for these today

Small boxes filled with Mayhems goodness
My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £199.36
(includes shipping: £11.70)

Large box filled with £1k of watercooling gear - wife signed for im an unimpressed face I believe

Soldato
Looking good orbital - sorry to read you missed the steal.

At least you have a box of expensive water-cooling parts to keep your spirits up :)

Damn , dreams smashed . matches other water cooled Ti models and Custom models with waterblock is but can't help feel the wind knocked out of you when you see the price ...

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £910.49
(includes shipping: £10.50)

That would be one expensive statement - but it does look the part. And suspect the price includes an added inhaler for said wind knocking...

Soldato
OP
Looking good orbital - sorry to read you missed the steal.

At least you have a box of expensive water-cooling parts to keep your spirits up :)

That would be one expensive statement - but it does look the part. And suspect the price includes an added inhaler for said wind knocking...

:) now to work out how to cut glass tubing :D hahaha

Soldato
OP
Are you using a dedicated tool - or are you scoring all the way around freehand and winging it?

Best of luck either way :)

I will now Google tools and freehand.. haha, got tools for the frosted tubing at least :)

Found a cutter, pretty much like the one Jay2cents used . Will give that a try .
And use acrylic tubing as a template !

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
good luck there. looking forward to see how you get on

cheers, might enlist the wife, shes done glass cutting before but not tubular so should be better then me anyway haha.

seeing as my Waterforce WB 1080 are smashed on rocks and 1080 Ti WB is just a bombshell for cash, Unless @Gibbo can do a flash sale? haha

Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps Extreme version it is and slap an Alphacool GPX block on it. Hoping to keep the RGB backplate. On the GPX block there is 3m extensions used to hold together the PCB and Backplate. Hoping to remove these that line up with the screw holding the PCB to the backplate, then use smaller Hex m3 screws to clamp block to the PCB.
This is already done by default by m3x8 screws supplied by Alphacool, your meant to mount the block via 2 holes out of how every many there is to the PCB, then flip it over and install the backplate which used m3x11 screws to sandwich the pcb between the two.
Easy to get ahold of the m3x8 and 6 screws with hex tops but question is, how will the Giant Copper Heatsink play ball......?

just found clear acrylic m3 bolts/screw. Tempting, maybe use m3x12 thumb screws for the 2 clear side panels. Was also thinking about switching out the standard Black m3 hex for Stainless steel ones to match better :D

Last edited:
Associate
be interesting to hear how u get on with the glass cutting. i dont think i would have the patience for that.

the clear m3 acrylic bolts sound like a great idea. i certainly never thought of that before nor have i ever seen them either

Soldato
OP
be interesting to hear how u get on with the glass cutting. i dont think i would have the patience for that.

the clear m3 acrylic bolts sound like a great idea. i certainly never thought of that before nor have i ever seen them either

I've ordered Stainless steel ones for all around to match the board but will get Clear Nylon Thumb Screws for the twe Clear side panels to make it easier to get into i think :)

also managed to fit the i7 and bequiet! Shadow Rock Slim to test the system on air before i delid and water but then realised Parvum didn't include a power switch as it was out of stock and will come with new panels being made.... damn it!!!!!!

Matches nicely

NEED HELP! FE 1080 for £488 or do i go for Aorus 1080 Xtreme 11Gbps and mod alphacool Block to accept stock RGB backplate....... help!!!???

Soldato
I'd be mindful of clear screws and bolts. I've got a bunch of clear nylon M3 screws for some light panels in Asteria and so far the manufacturing tolerances have been pretty shoddy. My tapped holes in the acrylic are pretty clean and there's been no issue with metal screws, but the nylon ones vary as to which threads they'll bite, which holes they'll just slide through and generally a bit of a frustrating mess.

I also wouldn't trust them for anything even remotely load bearing.

Soldato
OP
I'd be mindful of clear screws and bolts. I've got a bunch of clear nylon M3 screws for some light panels in Asteria and so far the manufacturing tolerances have been pretty shoddy. My tapped holes in the acrylic are pretty clean and there's been no issue with metal screws, but the nylon ones vary as to which threads they'll bite, which holes they'll just slide through and generally a bit of a frustrating mess.

I also wouldn't trust them for anything even remotely load bearing.

You sir, are a hero :D will avoid !
Stainless screws should be here tomorrow and feet for case the day after

Might have to look for some chrome thumb screws that maybe are low height but have a larger diameter again in chrome/stainless

Soldato
If you find any such thumbscrews in M3 let me know, I've had a hell of a time finding anything that's quite wide diameter but low profile.

I have some here that are about 10mm diameter in nickel and they're just not wide enough for me to be comfortable holding the tempered glass panels on when everything's finished (in 2020 at this rate :p )

Soldato
OP
If you find any such thumbscrews in M3 let me know, I've had a hell of a time finding anything that's quite wide diameter but low profile.

I have some here that are about 10mm diameter in nickel and they're just not wide enough for me to be comfortable holding the tempered glass panels on when everything's finished (in 2020 at this rate :p )

Using these guys for the stainless screws

https://www.accu.co.uk/en/knurled-thumb-screws-din-464/21233-SKT-M3-10-A1

They do multiple material types, wanted aluminium for the cube screws but needed a batch of 250... Or 100

Flat head one

https://www.accu.co.uk/en/knurled-thumb-screws-din-653/400831-SKTT-M3-12-A1

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Sweet, I'll grab some black ones methinks and put some 1mm neoprene on the inside to not scratch the glass. Will have to chop the thread length in half, unless they do shorter ones.

Nice!

Need to chop I think :/ that or double up on washers, Amazon has foam M3 washers , 50 for £3 odd .

Glad I could help, was ordering for case and then for Alphacool box block with shorter bolts to keep stock RGB backplate :)

Back
Top Bottom