HardOCP review Be Quiet Pure Power 10 600W PSU

Soldato
Article here. It does not go well. Of particular note are that the PSU failed their tests and has a very restricted operating temperature range compared with other PSUs.

Soldato
BeQuiet has never been exactly more than average quality brand in PSUs.
Neither has FSP been high quality manufacturer with some PSUs even breaking ATX specification in ripple.

While having problems in getting intake temperature up it actually failed crossload test also in Jonnyguru's test.
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=517
Though looks like definitely rated in "good mood" day...
Regulation was far from mythic. (which is ~0,1% class)
40mV ripple in 3,3V is poor performance and 30mV in 5V average when max is 50mV. (only 12V has 120mV max ripple)
And not a single high quality capacitor...

Man of Honour
I don't rate BeQuiet psu's as they tend to be very overpriced and qulity varies massively. FSP makes the majority of their psu's and have been hit or miss for years. They also have a history of building units that suffer from high ripple. A lot of the time people buy them because they have a supposedly quiet fan yet pay little attention to the quality of what is inside.

As for the Kolink, we already know that the Continuum is a fairly capable unit (still wouldn't recommend one though), just as it should be for the price. The real question is how poor these cheaper units are. Nobody has got their hands on any of them and until I see a review that says something different then they are crap to be avoided. Some of them have pathetically weak 12v rails but people don't check the details. They see that they can get a psu that is labelled 500w for less than £30 and think they are getting a bargain. In the case of the Kolink Core series 500w at £28.99 they are getting a unit with only 396w on the 12v rail. Even worse is that underneath the rail power breakdown even Kolink only rates it at 400w total continous power!!

Soldato
As for the Kolink, we already know that the Continuum is a fairly capable unit (still wouldn't recommend one though), just as it should be for the price. The real question is how poor these cheaper units are. Nobody has got their hands on any of them and until I see a review that says something different then they are crap to be avoided.

I have a couple of Kolink PSUs, when they work they work well and they appear well built albeit basic, however results do vary as their quality control is a bit... well I'm unsure if they have any lol.

Soldato
One of the ones I had blew up two hard drives, they never bothered to test it before it left the factory lol.
You know, testing for more than few seconds and with more than toys sold misleadingly as "PSU tester" costs money...

I guess they went even cheaper on secondary than primary.
Can't have primary fail first protecting connected components. :D

Back
Top Bottom