Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy

Soldato
OP
I really dislike Road to Nowhere. Currently trying to get the gold relic and my current best time is 1:05:36. Somehow I need to make 1:03:26.

Whoever invented these times for the timetrials needs a slap.

EDIT: now 1:03:33. This game is so cruel.

EDIT2: Finally got a time of 1:01:33 for gold after what felt like hundreds of failed attempts! Now I can sleep.

Last edited:
Associate
The first level of crash 1 where you have to activate then jump on the boxes over the tip took me about 11 tries. Grr.

I only found out yesterday that if you just run over the box bridge whilst having 3 aku aku masks, it smashes the boxes for you. It's taken me 20 years to find that out!

VTR

VTR

Soldato
I only found out yesterday that if you just run over the box bridge whilst having 3 aku aku masks, it smashes the boxes for you. It's taken me 20 years to find that out!

Worked a treat :D

Also done the high road without too much difficulty, if you use the ropes, use the D pad (I use this throughout the game anyway), as long as you jump on and get aligned straight you can hold Up pretty much all the way including jumping the pillars, was really easy.

Associate
Worked a treat :D

Glad I could be of assistance!

Also done the high road without too much difficulty, if you use the ropes, use the D pad (I use this throughout the game anyway), as long as you jump on and get aligned straight you can hold Up pretty much all the way including jumping the pillars, was really easy.

The High Road is giving me fits. It's the last remaining level I need to get the gem on. Even completing Slippery Climb without dying was significantly easier.

The jumping/depth perception of the jumps is so much harder than on the original Crash. I'd probably have thrown my PS4 controller through the TV if you still had to complete the levels without dying to get the clear gems!

VTR

VTR

Soldato
Glad I could be of assistance!

The High Road is giving me fits. It's the last remaining level I need to get the gem on. Even completing Slippery Climb without dying was significantly easier.

The jumping/depth perception of the jumps is so much harder than on the original Crash. I'd probably have thrown my PS4 controller through the TV if you still had to complete the levels without dying to get the clear gems!

Slippery Climb took me a good few attempts yesterday just to finish the level! Going to finish the game, then finish 2 and 3 and come back for the gems etc :)

Soldato
Swearing so won't link, but checkout what culture re crash bandicoot. Apparently reporting on a reddit user who has confirmed that V Visions have backported the jump mechanics from crash 3 to crash 2 and 1, meaning the jumpboxes and mechanics are out of kilter.

I.e playing crash 1 on a ps1 is easier than on the remastered, hence everyone's surprise re its difficulty

Soldato
OP
Swearing so won't link, but checkout what culture re crash bandicoot. Apparently reporting on a reddit user who has confirmed that V Visions have backported the jump mechanics from crash 3 to crash 2 and 1, meaning the jumpboxes and mechanics are out of kilter.

I.e playing crash 1 on a ps1 is easier than on the remastered, hence everyone's surprise re its difficulty

I wasn't able to find the article but there seems to be other articles regarding jumping; http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-harder-in-the-crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy.

Also I found this article pretty interesting (https://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2017/06/crash-bandicoot-remaster/), it goes on about the assets they had to work with and just how much of the game was built from scratch.

Soldato
OP
Without ever thinking about which was best as a kid growing up. I'm starting to think my favourite game is Crash 1. I've started Crash 2 but the spark I had while playing through the original just isn't there.

It's a great looking game and it plays well but something feels amiss. I'm not that bothered about the warp rooms, although it is nice being able to choose the next level.

Soldato
I was going to get a PS4 last weekend and get this game as the missus is a bigger crash fan than me, but after finding out it's a remaster of the first 3 and she owns almost all crash games on ps2 and have a console still, I think it be a waste certainly at its current price, I'm getting a PS4 end of month anyways so will see how the prices for crash are, but it be my console not hers, so I'd be in no rush to buy the game anyways ha ha.

I think 'remastered' Ruin games to an extent, playing on the ps2 or whatever version of whatever game brings back the fun and memories of childhood, I just don't feel that special playing updated versions just because it's on the most played generation of console.

Soldato
I was going to get a PS4 last weekend and get this game as the missus is a bigger crash fan than me, but after finding out it's a remaster of the first 3 and she owns almost all crash games on ps2 and have a console still, I think it be a waste certainly at its current price, I'm getting a PS4 end of month anyways so will see how the prices for crash are, but it be my console not hers, so I'd be in no rush to buy the game anyways ha ha.

I think 'remastered' Ruin games to an extent, playing on the ps2 or whatever version of whatever game brings back the fun and memories of childhood, I just don't feel that special playing updated versions just because it's on the most played generation of console.

Tbh I'm not even sure what point you are trying to make here,

The game is great and easily worth the money being asked for it, even if you still have the originals. As a Remaster they have nailed it with this one.

Soldato
Tbh I'm not even sure what point you are trying to make here,

The game is great and easily worth the money being asked for it, even if you still have the originals. As a Remaster they have nailed it with this one.

the nostalgia isnt quite the same on a remaster i feel, i find it more convenient due to that console being played more than the original console with original game, i will get the game, i just wont be going in with the 'childhood memories' as such.

VTR

VTR

Soldato
the nostalgia isnt quite the same on a remaster i feel, i find it more convenient due to that console being played more than the original console with original game, i will get the game, i just wont be going in with the 'childhood memories' as such.

The Nostalgia is real with this one :)

Crash 1 completed, final warp room on number 2 now. Have got 99 lives across all 3, 1 being the hardest, 3 relatively easy with re-running level 1 and number 2 took a matter of minutes with the bee hive trick :D

Soldato
Got this on Sunday....completely forgot you need to hold the jump button! The slick graphics with simple mechanics bit confusing at first

Sticks or D-pad?

Back
Top Bottom