**** The Official Nokia 6 Thread ****

Associate
Anyone interested in the Nokia 6?

Priced at £229, due to be released soon.

Specs:
5.5" 1080p display
16MP camera
Snapdragon 430
4GB RAM
3000mAh battery

has it been confirmed as £229? all i've seen so far is €229.. although it probably will be if not more :)

the OH is looking at getting the 5 or 6, she needs to see them first as may prefer the rounded edges of the 5.

i'm waiting to see what specs the rumoured 8 & 9 have and at what price.. if too much i may be buying the 6 as well.

Associate
Super interested in this. The fact they intend to do regular updates & stock android for a reasonable price is a big selling point for me.

Soldato
Just got this email:

Dear PapaLazaru

Thank you for your recent interest in the Nokia 6.

Earlier in the year HMD announced a number of new Nokia Smartphones that were due to launch mid year 2017.

We have received various dates from suppliers which we have passed on to our customers. Sadly it is now clear orders will not be fulfilled by these dates.

We have also spoken to HMD this week. They have seen huge interest in the devices worldwide that has far exceeded their initial expectations. As such they are now working on definitive release plans that can ensure enough stock is available for prospective end customers in all regions.

At this stage, this means we are no longer advertising estimated arrival dates. We have taken this decision to avoid any further ongoing confusion with regards to these devices.

When HMD provides firm revised dates for the UK launch of these products, we will of course pass these on.

We will keep in close contact with them so we can inform you as soon as possible once this has been done.

The Clove Technology Sales Team.

:(

Associate
Just got this email:

Dear PapaLazaru

Thank you for your recent interest in the Nokia 6.

Earlier in the year HMD announced a number of new Nokia Smartphones that were due to launch mid year 2017.

We have received various dates from suppliers which we have passed on to our customers. Sadly it is now clear orders will not be fulfilled by these dates.

We have also spoken to HMD this week. They have seen huge interest in the devices worldwide that has far exceeded their initial expectations. As such they are now working on definitive release plans that can ensure enough stock is available for prospective end customers in all regions.

At this stage, this means we are no longer advertising estimated arrival dates. We have taken this decision to avoid any further ongoing confusion with regards to these devices.

When HMD provides firm revised dates for the UK launch of these products, we will of course pass these on.

We will keep in close contact with them so we can inform you as soon as possible once this has been done.

The Clove Technology Sales Team.

:(

Other stores such as argos, john lewis etc have had the nokia 3/5 listed but over the past few days they have all been removed..

Soldato
Ok so release date is apparently going to be August 2nd. Price is £219.99 and it is a Carphone Warehouse exclusive.

The 3 and 5 will be available with the carriers as well.

Man of Honour
Shame it's only 3000mah, I do like Nokia phones and stock android with updates is a massive bonus. But P2 is so good, it would be a big struggle to go back on battery life.

Associate
Some of the reviews suggest the 430 is noticeably slow. Has anyone got their hands on one to tell? Am also a bit disappointed at the lack of LED notification light (though glad there seems to be a compass, which e.g. Moto G5 and G5 Plus lack in the UK). Shame as stock or near-stock Android and a reputation for regular updates really appeal to me.

Associate
no matter what cpu a phone has there will always be users that say its slow/stutters when using certain apps etc

my partner has a nokia 5 and there's nothing wrong with it.. i had waze running on it for an hour the other day and it worked perfectly fine, no different from my xiaomi mi5. you can see little stutters now and then when opening apps but just how fast do you need apps to open??

it's a solidly built phone and for the price it's a bargain :)

Back
Top Bottom