How many Focus ST owners on here

Soldato
I'm looking to upgrade mine but all the cars I want that I feel would be a decent upgrade all look to need £10-12k putting on top of the trade in on my ST.

Soldato
which update did you apply 3.08 or 3.10? IM still on 4.32 so need to update first.

I have downloaded all the files. Also ordered a genuine ford F5 SD card from the bay.

Associate
I was the same. I went 3.08 then 3.10 as I couldnt find anything clear about going straight to 3.10. I already had the card. Register on the forscan forum as it took a while to register. You need to do that for the extended license.

Associate
Makes for interesting reading about the update.

Do Ford charge for these updates or are they done at servicing / during warranty work? They don't seem to have any information officially about updates to systems or even maps!

Associate
Mine was serviced this week and there was no mention of a sync update. Looking through the release dates I was a few behind. I think the USA gets the releases frequently but the EU and other places are left behind. Sync 3 is only really hitting fords cars in the last year but it's been in the USA since 2015 I believe.

Soldato
Seems ford have a website in the US on which you can register and download updates.

As part of my first service Ford updated my sync 2 firmware as i complained about bluetooth issues.

I have messaged the gent on the ford owners club website who is able to get a genuine licence for your APIM based on Sync Serial and VIN. Cost is 70 euros which im happy to pay if its more legit/permanent.

Soldato
I'm having problems with my Sync 3 unit. If I have the map showing on screen or the navigation active when I'm aroudn the M25/M4 junction then the navigation and map side of things will lock up. It does it every single time I'm in the area.

Soldato
Yep. No updates. Not that the update thing seems to work, I've had the car since the end of January and it checked for an update early February but now it just sits saying it's checking for updates. For hours. I've used different internet connections and it makes no difference. From reading on a Focus ST forum it seems that everyone is in the same boat there.

Back
Top Bottom