Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
Just an FYI in case it hasn't been mentioned.... Thats the old model Fiesta now stopped and its EXTREMELY unlikely you can get a brand new one.... New Fiesta is out with ST next year (ST-Line and ST-Line X for Sept/Oct)

Yeah I'm aware of that mate, but I'm not wanting to spend top dollar on the new model, I'm still saving to buy a house so decided to go with the current version for now.

Soldato
TBH I can't see the new one being any better to drive. Plus it's a tiny 3 cylinder engine and doesn't look as nice on the outside :p

Soldato
TBH I can't see the new one being any better to drive. Plus it's a tiny 3 cylinder engine and doesn't look as nice on the outside :p
Same for me.

I was debating about buying a current ST3 or holding off for the next model. But it just doesn't look as nice. The interior is nice, definitely prefer that, and the front seems fine, but the back is just horrid. It seems like a scaled down BMax or something from the back?!

Soldato
Just a small one. 2nd one is similar (thought slightly more expensive due to "more checks" i was told) The major one is the third.

Thanks guys! Any advice on who to go with for gap insurance? I refuse to pay dealer prices. I've gone with the alloy/tyre cover for £100 (got it half price) as the ST alloys are meant to be a nightmare to match so at least I know it will get done properly at a main dealer.

Soldato
Had a good look around at the new Gen fiesta (Not an ST of cause) today at my local ford dealer..
I think it looks great and the inside looks so much better..(I also think the rear end looks are a good improvement compare the last fiesta)

Can't wait to see the new ST when it comes out..

Soldato
The rear is the one bit that i think is a step backwards. Horrible.

Interior is much, much nicer though.
Have you looked at one in the flesh yet ?

Am not 100% sure on this without seeing an old & new gen parked right next to each other, but I think with how they done the back end it going give more space in the back..

jealous it had Adaptive Cruise Control with Distance Alert and front parking sensors and my focus ST doesn't :(

Soldato
Can't believe how crap the new Fezza looks it's such a lazy design it looks like the pre facelift mk3 Focus at the front which came out what 6 years ago and a B max/Corsa at the back.

Soldato
I drive a Leon so I'm perhaps slightly biased, but I reckon the new Ibiza is the best looking car of its class now, it looks excellent (as long as it's specced with LED headlights). The new Polo has a similar rear end but I'm not keen on the way the front lights and grille make the front end look really wide.

Soldato
I drive a Leon so I'm perhaps slightly biased, but I reckon the new Ibiza is the best looking car of its class now, it looks excellent (as long as it's specced with LED headlights). The new Polo has a similar rear end but I'm not keen on the way the front lights and grille make the front end look really wide.
Yeh the new Ibiza looks really good. One of the car magazines may have been What Car had it joint top with the new Fiesta in there small car tests

Soldato
New Polo GTI looks like a step up too. I'm more sold on the looks of that over the new Fez Mk8. VW seem to be in the minority of not attaching iPads on the top of dashboards as well.

Back
Top Bottom