Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So...

Anyone got any ideas what these duty spots are, they were almost like the consistency of polish dust.

2Bnnz4uh.jpg

It truly didn't feel like bird poo, it just came off in one swoop with a bit of QD. I did tap my finger on one (it was all over the roof almost) and it just didn't seem like it...

e; Ahhh! Maybe it's pollen...

Soldato
Live next to the country side. Decided to pick a dead end on a industrial estate to take pictures FXamwaN.png

35724287736_8a9f5ce04c_b.jpg

35377048980_a229bd833e_b.jpg

35765405725_0dec8d4c1a_b.jpg

Caporegime
Nope, it hasn't rained... It wasn't there when I left the house and when I came back from dropping the person off it was there...
Could be a bird having landed on it. A lot of them have some weird dusty coating on their feathers. I know this as they regularly used to fly in to my living room window and knock themselves out. Was forever cleaning outlines off it.

Soldato
Could be a bird having landed on it. A lot of them have some weird dusty coating on their feathers. I know this as they regularly used to fly in to my living room window and knock themselves out. Was forever cleaning outlines off it.

Whilst I was driving? :p I'm so confused what it was to be honest... Who knows. I literally popped round the corner and back again :(

Soldato
I spent 30 minutes cleaning the inside of my car for the first time in about a year...

coVsun6h.jpg.png
0OHAjqCh.jpg.png

The mats are on the washing line...

I6ssC0ah.jpg.png
hp0zZkNh.jpg.png

I am going to get some carpet stain removing cleaner I think next.

Also, my leather is incredibly dirty and probably damaged...

mwhcCnYh.jpg.png
mzsfI9fh.jpg.png

Is this 'repairable'?

Associate
What do the soft top owners here tend to use to protect their roof? Tried some 303 Aerospace on the wife's Mini and it seems to do a great job of beading but if I attack it with a stronger current from a hose then you can almost over-power it and it looks like it starts to just saturate on horizontal surfaces if that makes sense?

Soldato
Getting a fiesta ST (year old) with the part leather recaro seats, what's best to clean the leather on these and the cloth for that matter? Also I used dragons breath on my alloys, I assume this won't cause any damage to new alloys as I want to try and keep on top of them this time around!

Soldato
Hand polishing is an absolute pain in the butt and knackering, if I ever do it again I'll rent or buy a DA!

It's not any quicker with a DA, because then your more inclined to do it properly, and then it takes ages. You can hand polish a car in an hour or so just firing round it with the polish, then again to take it off. Once you get into the groove (the guy who valeted my Passat did the whole thing in 2 hours, including claybar and hand polish, as well as the interior). I just did my Golf with the DA, and that took 7 sweaty hours. That was wash, snow foam, wheels, tardis, DA polish, sealant and glass. Not even a wax over it. And it was only a Golf, so not exactly a big car. Anytime I have used my DA (which is obviously not often enough), it has always taken ages, because once you have it out, you might as well do it right (and I wasn't so bothered on everything below the bump strips either, so they didn't get hit quite as hard as above, plus, I only hit each panel once).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom