Who here owns a Subaru?

Soldato
haha, I hope so! I remember when I first bought it, I'd come from a bone stock WRX and the STi had me grinning for weeks.

Was only going to use it during July but I'm going to Anglesey again in August so it can stay on the road until September.

Soldato
I can genuinely say that no other car I've owned has had me looking forward to driving it as much as the scoob. I do relatively little weekly mileage (60-70miles max) so it still feels a treat to drive.

It's the only car I've found myself out for an hour in to buy 4 pints of milk :D

Soldato
Changed my front speakers yesterday.

Thought they were stock and rubbish, turned out they were aftermarket and rubbish :D

IMG-20170701-WA0005.jpeg

IMG-20170701-WA0003.jpeg

Soldato
Got some summer tyres fitted to my 2nd set of alloys and put them on yesterday after the spigot rings turned up.

Not too bad despite being no name multi fitment. Maybe one day i'll actually have time and remove the rest of the stickers from the car and give it a polish :(

ABDv2bhaWW7zD8BolxIE7WPeEEjS12gPJRKH3u4K_Z8DuYgrPzeDeLIIu31T23W1DfyGzuXnojkuwWQvz-T_cVxiGDLNKZUqm0grh3GV_rv10nVn0yPd4T25i8AQEkaPMTAh3XdjFvwP5qxf87jT2FQ_U6W7PM-2Kdkhmuy5OHsnmgywZg30K3qUBwEj64vIc7Tf8gSHZViSJXrexuYL5SdyTZ8-XGKKp8QTddmfaVBzhG8pjFoE1LSaKgPZCZUgIPBq5iot458LRvOj47ZqflrrFm8gZnGjwSMUL2xmD8SSHQ_ohmwssRPGil7BQBdS1S7OvIAIl_L4Xg-C79owT9dppBeGbjljZu3uJbWtCBBmH6iZTJBKX9aeGGRU1btcSHE4Mb98lZsRFc-EtwsuIn35j8eQl4yVKlL3DPptZpKAv_tuxeindAmszifyezSg0rt4O-vYIRQH_HbA9QA69SQdwEIkVRryWHRvaxfifj2vVBM2kEH_JUqcjiVRAgsKGxhFKyuQmkZcKEjpDOMrkO1gj8HUoleB3sS0ryiA3zTjd7X-fAifs4P9EHliEmCvfCibvJ4hkyAGetLYQVPGQpMU81YB5FyihV-uiw56JmS-iJxGp4EEt12hiR_FKB0fOJ1ZzdxeNtIBTahVAxX8FgK7tUX1TFoKJLdY3oH9XA=w1013-h760-no

Soldato
:(

Did they steal it with the keys?

Is it worth porting the exhaust manifold? Is it just to aid spool time or will I gain a few bhp?

not with keys, was at a garage and was stolen from their premises. Now on the hunt for my 3rd, probably go back to a STI.

Soldato
I think next Monday will be the end of my front pads. They are grinding pretty bad when braking after some hooning about.

Which new ones should i buy? Are the EBC red/green/yellow the ones to go for? If so which colour? Cheers

Soldato
Mine are getting thin but I was hoping they'd hold out for Curborough (I need to replace the disks anyway). I've done a load of overtime today so might just bite the bullet and get the Carbon Lorraine RC5+ pads that I was looking at originally. Some horror stories of the friction material breaking away from the backing but it seems most performance pads experience some sort of failure. With the CLs, some people reckon it's because the pads are left standing after a wet run, which somehow softens the material. Don't really know if it's a load of ********.

I had Yellows on my old WRX, replaced them for a £30 set of Brembo pads when they wore out and tbh, couldn't tell much difference, hah.

Was at the petrol station the other night and while messing with my phone before leaving the pump, noticed a couple of teenagers on bikes loitering around looking at my car. As I started to move off, one of them began tracking the car with his phone as though he was taking a video. Never had that happen before, haha. Made me smile. I would have happily let him take a few pictures of the car if he'd have asked.

Soldato
Was at the petrol station the other night and while messing with my phone before leaving the pump, noticed a couple of teenagers on bikes loitering around looking at my car. As I started to move off, one of them began tracking the car with his phone as though he was taking a video. Never had that happen before, haha. Made me smile. I would have happily let him take a few pictures of the car if he'd have asked.

This happens regular with mine, more so with teens approaching driving age. Always get smaller children give me a thumbs up too for some reason, yesterday a guy was walking with his son on his shoulders and the son heard my car, turned around and stuck his thumbs in the air. Everyone loves a Subaru!

Back
Top Bottom