New mouse mat

Associate
Had mine for a few years now, had no issues with mouse sensor on it, mouse glides nicely over it for a soft pad. Got keyboard and mouse on it, goes through the washing machine fairly regularly to keep it clean, cold wash, slow spin. The only problem with mine is the top surface is starting to lift ever so slightly where my arm rests / moves for the mouse, will buy another at some point.

OcUK Staff
I did the same and also coloured the logo in with black biro as it's is pretty ugly.

How very dare you :p

I can neither confirm nor deny that there may be some news on the horizon regarding a new mouse mat.

I have one too and it's great, however the OcUK logo was rubbing against my mouse arm so I've rotated it 180° and have it upside down in the top left.

You'll be pleased to know that if there is some new OcUK mouse mats on the way that the logo's on some models wouldn't be raised...

Soldato
Personally I love my QCK+, I liked it that much I bought another Hyper Beast Special Edition to replace my standard edition when it gets tacky, it's lasted 2 years now with little wear though!

OcUK Staff
Personally I love my QCK+, I liked it that much I bought another Hyper Beast Special Edition to replace my standard edition when it gets tacky, it's lasted 2 years now with little wear though!

They are also great mouse mats. Also got an offer on a bundle with the hyperbeast mouse if you want to pick up a spare and grab the mouse at the same time:

Steelseries Hyper Beast Mouse and Mouse Mat Bundle @ £79.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Steelseries-Hyper-Beast-Mouse-and-Mouse-Mat-Bundle-BU-009-ST.html

Steelseries Hyper Beast Mouse and Mouse Mat Bundle, Zero Hardware Accelerated Optical Sensor, Designed for Esports, Prism 16.8 Million Color Illumination

Only £79.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Soldato
They are also great mouse mats. Also got an offer on a bundle with the hyperbeast mouse if you want to pick up a spare and grab the mouse at the same time:

Steelseries Hyper Beast Mouse and Mouse Mat Bundle @ £79.99 inc VAT

Steelseries Hyper Beast Mouse and Mouse Mat Bundle, Zero Hardware Accelerated Optical Sensor, Designed for Esports, Prism 16.8 Million Color Illumination

Only £79.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

I was thinking about it but I'm sure another Special Edition will be out by then and I think Steelseries have outdone themselves in the quality department, I reckon these two mats will last me 10 years :D

Associate
In need of a new mouse mat, decided its between the OcUK XXL or the QCK+

Wanted some thoughts though if you’s will, I have a desk 120cm wide and play on a laptop

Really like what I’ve seen of the XXL’s on the room gallery thread, but don’t know if this would be too big, and if a laptop would work well sitting on it/part on it?

As the ones I’ve seen usually house a M&K

V F

V F

Soldato
In need of a new mouse mat, decided its between the OcUK XXL or the QCK+

Wanted some thoughts though if you’s will, I have a desk 120cm wide and play on a laptop

Really like what I’ve seen of the XXL’s on the room gallery thread, but don’t know if this would be too big, and if a laptop would work well sitting on it/part on it?

As the ones I’ve seen usually house a M&K

The OcUK pads are lovely. Coming from an XTracPads Ripper XXL. It is quite coarse compared to OcUK's. Great feeling and glides nicely. They are monster pads though. Good low lift off distance.

The OcUK XXL is 890mm x 450mm x 3mm.

Associate
The OcUK pads are lovely. Coming from an XTracPads Ripper XXL. It is quite coarse compared to OcUK's. Great feeling and glides nicely. They are monster pads though. Good low lift off distance.

The OcUK XXL is 890mm x 450mm x 3mm.

Thanks for the info
I've only read good things about the OcUK mats. And whilst its only a minor addition the stitched edge version really appeals to me, which the Steelseries mats lack

Associate
It is tiny though. I was shocked to see how small their XXL was.
It might be tiny, but once you get used to it, its just the right size, atleast it is for me. Its amazing how smooth my mouse is on this compared to a ROCCAT pad my friend gave me to use.... It does get stained a bit, but simple soap and brush can make it clean in under 5 minutes and it works like a charm again. I guess to each their own, but for me its the number 1 choice.

Associate
It might be tiny, but once you get used to it, its just the right size, atleast it is for me. Its amazing how smooth my mouse is on this compared to a ROCCAT pad my friend gave me to use.... It does get stained a bit, but simple soap and brush can make it clean in under 5 minutes and it works like a charm again. I guess to each their own, but for me its the number 1 choice.

Have to agree. Best mouse mat I've used by quite a margin.

Associate
So my mat arrived today! Must say well pleased with the quality, cant wait for it to flatten down fully at the sides.

Although in this instance, size really does matter :rolleyes: it is quite big, and trying best I can to not completely block the vents on the laptop... that slightly off approach seems to work under idle (sitting around the 45 degrees mark), will keep an eye on temps. Not ideal for use as screen cant be aimed up as much as I'd like. Possibly should have opted for the smaller size haha

Might have to look into something for underneath the laptop to keep the air flowing, failing that put this mat into storage and use a smaller one until I get a desktop in a few years :p
Mzt1VX5.jpg.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom