Recommend a tablet?

Soldato
Hi guys, the wife wants a tablet to play her Facebook games on. Some farm type thing.
I got her a nvidia shield but that stopped working just outside warranty.
It was brilliant but they seem to have gone upto twice what I paid for it!
Are there any decent tablets that can game comfortably for around £200?
We tried the lads fire tablet and that lagged quite a bit.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the suggestions guys, the x5 cpu is out of the question. I tried an asus with that in and it went back, thats why I got the shield.
@shizo how would an ipad fare against the shield, or a better question what generation is more comparable to the shield?

Soldato
honestly the k1 smashed everything in it's price range. Nvidia discontinued them and there's no shield x1 on the horizon, presumably as a result of the nintendo switch deal. There's not thing else that comes close to it for similar money and i wouldnt recommend buying a second hand tablet either. unless somebody else has a decent suggestion than you're going to have to wait, lower your expectations (shes only playing facebook games right? i know you said you sent the x5 back but we seem to manage fine playing basic games on our two....) or increase (as in double) your budget.

Soldato
OP
honestly the k1 smashed everything in it's price range. Nvidia discontinued them and there's no shield x1 on the horizon, presumably as a result of the nintendo switch deal. There's not thing else that comes close to it for similar money and i wouldnt recommend buying a second hand tablet either. unless somebody else has a decent suggestion than you're going to have to wait, lower your expectations (shes only playing facebook games right? i know you said you sent the x5 back but we seem to manage fine playing basic games on our two....) or increase (as in double) your budget.

I thought as much. She plays something called hay day? And whilst her phone can play it, its not ideal. First world problems eh?
All I remember is she tried an acer iconia last year and it was pretty bad.

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys. I grabbed a firehd 8 in the primeday sale for £50.
It runs it just fine, much better than the atom acer we tried last year.
Shes happy with it, the screen is a little lacking in colour and brightness but for the price of a few in the local on a friday night I'm not complaining!
Its certainly not the fastest but it'll do!

Back
Top Bottom