Fuji X Series

Associate
Haven't used my XP1 in months, the 35/1.4 is such a lovely lens but the body is pretty frustrating to use which reminded me why I don't really use it as much as my other cameras. The XP2 solves most of those operating quirks so I'm waiting for prices to come down on them:

9Lx6Pxn.jpg

nanNmKc.jpg

b3QctM5.jpg

Caporegime
It's interesting hearing your thoughts on using the two systems side by side, the results clearly show that the tool is secondary to the photographer as you are getting lovely images from both so it just boils down to which system best suits the needs of the day.

3 of these are Fuji X-T1.

3 of these are Canon 5D4.

Can you tell which is which? It is unprocessed.

NosvYJk.jpg

L7qTcuV.jpg

Fe2V2TW.jpg

MXo1jhb.jpg

5e8Est0.jpg

h29Uane.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ahh, yes, that's what I meant to post before Raymond distracted me. So I received my 23mm f2 last night to that replaces my MIA 23mm f1.4 (still haven't the foggiest where it is, it's like a whodunnit). If you have the 35mm f2 then you know exactly what to expect... it is small, light, and seems very sharp. Perfect for street photography and travel.

I will be taking it to the USA with my on a 3 week trip this week so will have plenty of opportunity to try it out. :)

Soldato
You have to watch the hard buckle resting and knocking against the lcd when storing or packing your camera in the bag et. At least this is the cause for concern with the Slide. Apart from that your fine with the Peak Design.

Associate
Could be the difference between the 16MP and 24MP sensors and the way Camera Raw chooses to interpret their files. I do know that Canon files generally have more vibrant reds straight out of the box, and that Fuji's look when it came to film is generally a bit greener and colder compared to Kodak, so they probably tweaked the colour science to reflect that.

Associate
Looking at the photos again, I suspect the big windows in the room are what cause the green tint (iron oxide according to Pilkington). To our eyes it'll be imperceptible, but cameras can still pick it up. Canon's look is a little more red/magenta compared to other brands, so it cancels out the green a tad to produce a more neutral image.

Soldato
Could also be if you've knocked the white balance off by accident? I had a green tint for a while because I'd pressed the default white balance button and moved it off centre without realising.

Back
Top Bottom