** OCULUS RIFT VR HEADSET SAVE £200 LIMITED PERIOD ONLY **

OcUK Staff
OP
Damn it, at that price i have to buy one :rolleyes:

maxresdefault.jpg

OcUK Staff
OP
For anyone wanting to upgrade their gfx card at the same time as joining the VR revolution Gibbo has put together a ridiculous price on some 1080's:

To properly enjoy VR, you ideally need a graphics card with proper horsepower, though a 1060/1070 is adequate, a 1080 upwards gives a silky smooth experience with quality levels maxed out as such we have gone super aggressive on 1080 and above, infact £449 could be our lowest price ever on a 1080. :)

OcUK GeForce GTX 1080 Dual 8192MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £449.99 inc VAT

Core Clock: 1607MHz, Boost Clock: 1733MHz, Memory: 8192MB 10000MHz GDDR5X, Stream Processors: 2560, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 2 Years Warranty.

Only £449.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Zotac Geforce GTX 1080Ti "Blower Edition" 11264MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card (ZT-P10810B-10P) @ £649.99 inc VAT

ZT-P10810B-10P, Core Clock: 1480MHz, Boost Clock: 1582MHz, Memory: 11264MB 11010MHz GDDR5X, Stream Processors: 3584, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 5 Years Warranty

Only £649.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

GTX 1080's from £449 - Click to view range!

GTX 1080Ti's from £649 - Click to view range!

I even got the EVGA FTW3 down to near the voucher price deal we did for those who missed out!

The bad news is these prices are live on the website, that means it won't take long for miners to see them and well nothing to stop them buying online though most of our cards have a maximum online order of 1 unit per customer. Though that does not stop them from doing repeat orders and paying shipping on each order.

As such, if you see a card you like, grab one as the shortages are very real as you can see from looking at big sites like rainforest who have practically no stock or are advertising totally insane high prices.

Soldato
Sure no problem :)
Uncanny, I received an email from [email protected] today asking me that I need to activate my forum account. Don't suppose that's you is it?

Here is the email (but there was no activation number or link! Suspect?)

Cavallino

It appears that you have not activated you account on HCS Voicepacks forum. To do so you will need to know you activation number which is: and click on the following link:

Soldato
lol uhh no thats not me

You can buy a voicepack if you want. Adds variety and depth some feel having different AI voices or a celebrity voice.

Theres also probably an Elite one which is already configured for Elite. But....you dont really need this as its easy to configure voice attack.

I think i paid roughly £10 for voice attack itself, i think. it was ages ago.

http://voiceattack.com/ i *think* thats the link for it.

Last edited:
Soldato
AH so your talking about Voiceattack not Voice packs?
Thought they were one and the same....

So your saying voiceattack is easier than voicepacks?

E: I think I got my wires crossed here lol.

Soldato
AH so your talking about Voiceattack not Voice packs?
Thought they were one and the same....

So your saying voiceattack is easier than voicepacks?

E: I think I got my wires crossed here lol.

Voicepacks are custom voice setups (custom commands and custom voices e.g. like Brian Blessed as the AI on the ship) for Elite . They still need voice attack for them to work. They are an extra feature that some people like in Elite. Here is the setup tutorial for voice attack itself

Associate
Can I just check that this needs 3 USB 3.0 PLUS 1 USB 2.0.
I.e 4 USB ports?

I thought it was 1 X USB 3.0 for the Headset, 1 X USB 3.0 for the sensor and 1 X USB 2.0 for the Xbox One controller?

The sensors come with an extender that converts to USB2.0. Oculus recommend using additional extenders at 2.0 to avoid overloading the USB controllers on the motherboards.
They have an article on this at https://www.oculus.com/blog/oculus-roomscale-balancing-bandwidth-on-usb/
Other option would be to buy an additional PCIE USB3 expansion card, from one of https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/adapter-cards/usb
I got the startech one and it works great.

OcUK Staff
OP
We smashed through our second allocation for this promo. We've got more stock ordered and on the way. Until then we've put the bundle available for pre-order so those whom want to get in the queue for when the next stock lands can do so. We've also oversold slightly and so i've begged borrowed and pleaded for a little stock and got it, (but it'll only get here tomorrow) so we can get these orders fulfilled ASAP. If you are affected rest assured we'll upgrade you to Saturday delivery so you can be on it this weekend :)

Soldato
We smashed through our second allocation for this promo.

Could be worse, a large purple store has been sending out 2 sets of controllers (but I think has now realised) with each Rift.

I tried pCars last night doing some laps of the ring in the Rocket Bunny GT86 and Megane Sport, it's great fun. Sure, it's not as pretty or as a shiny 1440p screen but it's a nice of kit for the price! Not going to go faster, but had great fun messing about it with! Tried booting up DiRT Rally but it kept crashing :(

Anyway, does anyone want some touch controllers? Hehe.

Back
Top Bottom