• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8Pack approved 4.8ghz 6700K Skylake, Z170 ASUS Hero Bundle £270 cheaper than Z270 Equivalent

OcUK Staff
So here we go forums the 8Pack highest bin Skylake 6700K CPU's gaurenteed to run at 4.8ghz but binned to 4.9ghz in a soft bundle at a really crazy price of £582 after you claim your £140 cashback with Intel. This is almost £270 cheaper than the equivalent Kabylake OC bundle.

The performance of this bundle is the same as a 4.8ghz Kabylake 7700K as the IPC of 6700K and 7700K are exactly the same with 6700K having slightly better thermals., The bundle as well as binned CPU includes a premium elite tier motherboard in the ASUS Z170 ROG HERO, quality 3000mhz 16gb dual channel memory from Team Group, 240 AIO cooler by Asetek which in testing out performs the equivalent Corsair unit, well tuned water cooling fans and the best thermal paste of them all Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut.

Here are some screen shots of stability testing, performance and thermals of this bundle:

Real bench stability, None AVX Prime Blend and XTU used to check stability. Real Bench, Cinebench and XTU to test performance.

Here are the instructions for mounting the cooler:
Parts laid out!!

Retention ring hooked in.

and secured with clip.

Place the backplate on the back of the motherboard with the holes through the mounting holes on the board.

Screw the mounting post into the backplate.

Place the CPU block head over the mounting holes on the bracket. The inner holes are for this socket.

Screw down all 4 thumb screws one twist on each screw at a time until finger tight. Attach the pump!!

Please download the Bios and correct OC profile for the bundle from here:
https://img.overclockers.co.uk/media/archive/Asus-6700K-Bios-and-OC-Profile.rar

The bios can be flashed using a USB stick formatted FAT within the boards onboard Bios flashing utility. The OC profile can be applied also in the Bios by again placing on a USB stick and applying through the OC profiles section.

Some CPU will need slightly more Vcore for 24-7 stability with upto 1.4v being totally fine. Many CPU in this bin can hit 4.9 at under 1.4v so this is worth trying for 100MHZ more performance.

Get this awesome, incredible value bundle here:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/detail/index/sArticle/67698

and claim your cash back following this link:
http://www.asus-promotion.com/cpu/en/uk

For questions or support post in this thread...

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Great value. Very tempted... still struggling between intel and ryzen as an upgrade for an x5670 at 4.5.

Slightly related question - do the binned OEM chips qualify for cashback or is it retail only?

Soldato
40 quid reduction now.....even better value.

I'm only seeing a £17.12 reduction, £564.88 down from £582, but I'm still tempted.

Just bought a 1080ti, will this help it reach it's potential? I'm going to be bottlenecked until I upgrade my i7 930. Where will my bottleneck be if I had this and the 1080ti?

Thanks,

G

Soldato
Anyone know if the PPID is unique on these boards? or if each of these bundles will have the same one? I need the serial number and the PPID, but according to this article:

https://www.asus.com/support/article/750

The PPID is on a sticker on the board that I'm not going to be able to get to without stirpping out all my cooling :/ The serial I can get off the box so that's cool.

If I could find another PPID off one of these boards would it be the same? If so, does anyone know what the PPID is on theirs please?

Thanks,

G

Soldato
Managed to take the top off my case and peek through a little hole to get mine.

No idea if they are unique or not but mine was 882812-00303 in case it helps anyone else :)

Soldato
Did anyoone manage to clain for their cashback successfully?

Anyone know if there is an Asus presence on the forums? When I check the code I got as my "ID" with Asus against their tracking site it says my claim doesn't exist.

Cheers,

G

Back
Top Bottom