Amazon Prime Day

Man of Honour
All is not lost with ordering a Hive bulb instead of a Hue one, I've just ordered a Hue one now but I've also arranged a return of a 2 yaer old LIFX bulb with Amazon.

Associate
as previously mentioned, Amazon customer service isn't what it used to be. Went downhill about 12-18months ago.

They just say, return and re buy all the time.

They were brilliant for me last year when my other half scratched her kindle well outside warranty and they replaced with a refurb one for free

Soldato
Are these EVER on offer?

I picked up some HD600 15 years ago for £120 in a sale, I thought I'd done well then.

I got my HD600's for £99 before Play.com (kind of) closed. :p

Amazon have failed to deliver 8/10 of my items on the day they said they would arrive. Should get 8 months free Prime if I bother to complain going on past experience. Why do they do this to themselves?!

Soldato
OP
Got 4 Hue starter kits, 2 GU10, 2 B22. This completes my installation and leaves me with 4 redundant Hue bridges lol.

What do you think to the GU10s? I was extremely disappointed and have returned them. My originals were nxtgen 400 lumens, didn't know till I checked that the hue ones are only 250.

Made our hallway very dark and dingey

Associate
What do you think to the GU10s? I was extremely disappointed and have returned them. My originals were nxtgen 400 lumens, didn't know till I checked that the hue ones are only 250.

Made our hallway very dark and dingey

Quite happy, but mine are installed in triple light fittings with 6 bulbs total in my lounge. I need them dimmed most of the time. I can also get some pretty awesome lighting effects by mixing colours.

Soldato
OP
Quite happy, but mine are installed in triple light fittings with 6 bulbs total in my lounge. I need them dimmed most of the time. I can also get some pretty awesome lighting effects by mixing colours.

ahhhh, ok. You have the coloured ones. Mine were the white ambient. Coloured are 1w brighter which may actually be ok.

Associate
ahhhh, ok. You have the coloured ones. Mine were the white ambient. Coloured are 1w brighter which may actually be ok.

Aye, I have all coloured bulbs, with the Prime Day discount I could not see a reason not to. Even so I have B22 in hall, landing, bathroom and a triple B22 fitting in the bedroom. I don't think the light throw of the GU10s would suit the hall and landing with only a single bulb in each. With the B22s there is enough light to run them on the Nightlight scene all night so the wife can find the bathroom.

@gam3r YGM to trust addy.

Man of Honour
Are these EVER on offer?

I picked up some HD600 15 years ago for £120 in a sale, I thought I'd done well then.

They rarely do, I think the lowest they've ever been is £220. If they come down to £230-ish, I'd probably bite.

The higher end Sennheisers rarely come down in price that much. I was happy I picked up some HD580's way back when they were discontinued for £50 a pair from a local place trying to sell their stock.

I keep looking at the HD800S - but £1400... ouch...

Soldato
My Paperwhite has arrived but it says on the seal on the box that it is imported and distributed in Brasil and Mexico... Have I received a grey import? Languages on the box itself are European.

Back
Top Bottom