Formula Boinc 2017

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Well this is a new one on me :( My lappy has Boinc installed, and is running OK, but isn't caching more that an hour or so of spare WUs., even when set to 10 days Logs suggest that it won't download as it won't complete stuff in time, due to the limited time Boinc is running. Boinc by default auto starts, but as it's a lappy I only run WUS on Boinc during these challenges, otherwise I run down a project's queues and set them not to download new stuff. So Boinc would often be idle.

I've tried stopping Boinc, wiping the client-state.xml, but that made no difference. Any ideas?

MGP

MGP

Soldato
I'm no big hitter anymore :( Indeed my contribution these days puts me into the thanks for trying but wooden spoon categories :(

Anyways well done team. 2nd place is a good result. No way are we ever going to compete with TAAT's server farm.

Associate
Sure wish you'd drop the whole assembly though, to at least keyboard level, has to be at least 5C cooler down there. ;)

Next Sprint announcement (or page crash) happens in 10 minutes!

Soldato
nfs@home , oh nice :)

tony - don't want to risk it getting damaged low down, the temps arnt to bad at all unless is a really hot day then I open the shed door inaway

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom