McDonalds Signature Collection increased to 600+ locations

Soldato
Has anyone actually complained about the end product looking nothing like those pictures. Not been in a McDonalds since i was 5 but they look terrible, like they have been microwaved and stood on.

Soldato
I go to McDonalds for cheap and nasty, if I wanted to pay more for a burger then I'd be getting an XL bacon double from Burger King.

It's interesting seeing how staff members react to the new assembled on demand system and how they process orders. This new system is supposed to reduce waste but it's increased the time waiting for a customer, which isn't always an advantage.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
I go to McDonalds for cheap and nasty, if I wanted to pay more for a burger then I'd be getting an XL bacon double from Burger King.

It's interesting seeing how staff members react to the new assembled on demand system and how they process orders. This new system is supposed to reduce waste but it's increased the time waiting for a customer, which isn't always an advantage.

I think they must have invested a lot of time/expertise to calculate and assess whether it is worth the wait and how people would respond. It's quite a big step for McD's. However I think most people would be happy to wait those extra few minutes for what is supposed to more well put together and interesting meal. There's also the fact a large number of McDonalds are located in and have customer base of individuals for who time is not of the essence...

Soldato
My son is in management at a McD's, the new burgers are proving very popular,even with the longer wait times (6 minutes?) . It is all about trying to appear more 'upmarket'
Saying that I wouldn't buy one, even at the discount I would get, I always just have a big mac!

Soldato
I think they must have invested a lot of time/expertise to calculate and assess whether it is worth the wait and how people would respond. It's quite a big step for McD's. However I think most people would be happy to wait those extra few minutes for what is supposed to more well put together and interesting meal. There's also the fact a large number of McDonalds are located in and have customer base of individuals for who time is not of the essence...

I only find it frustrating because my orders used to be for common "off the shelf" items and now I have to wait to see if an item might skip the queue. Witnessed 2 ice creams get binned by staff because the customer was waiting on a burger and the staff wouldn't fulfil a partial order, but they kept making the icecream and leaving it to sit on the shelf until the burger arrived.

Soldato
Fuddruckers seems to be exclusively USA based ?
it is not a very fair competition USA versus UK burger scene :D
with economy of scale you have much better quality available at reasonable prices, my recollection from a few years back was Chilli's,

Uk for me, seems to me, has a big division between pricing in the likes of McDo/bk/kfc and the next tier with their, questionably, more premium products,
I suppose that is once again economoy of scale that worldwide's can bring to table.

Soldato
to be honest i'd rather goto Fuddruckers and build my own with unlimited fries for not much more money.

http://www.fuddruckers.com/

The flight to the States would put me off. McDonald's is just down the road.

I went and got a Signature Spicy last night from the better of the two McD's near me, had to wait a few mins after going through the drive-through but they brought it out to me. The guy who did said it was only their third day of making them so he hoped I enjoyed it, which was nice.

The burger itself was pretty good. A decently thick patty, the mayo had a nice subtle bite to it and the relish added a bit of sweetness. It was all nicely put together too, although that's why I tend to go to that specific McD's as the other one seem to just throw it all at the box and let you assemble it properly at home.

Associate
Son works at Maccies and he treated me to one of the Spicy variety today.

I don't mind Maccies standard fare, I don't rave about it but for quick n tasty it does the job,I found the signature to be much nicer, decent patty, good bun, decent sauces and cheese.

We both agreed that as far as budget burgers go we prefer BK.

Going to take him to a five guys next week for his first one.

Permabanned
Had the BBQ on Saturday.

Ehh, it was alright. It's a Maccies burger so I was hardly expecting the dogs, but almost every Burger I've had from there has been better.

Heel thick piece of dry meat and TERRIBLY thick lettuce. Brioche bun was on point though!

Back
Top Bottom