• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Need to upgrade, but cheap?

Associate
I've got a HD5850 which works fine most of the time. Just play Wolfestien New Order and Old Blood with below rig. But just trying to play Hitman Absolution and it keeps freezing with appcrash/atidxx32.dll.
Reserch says update graphics driver, but they stopped doing update. I can't afford to upgrade whole rig. But what Graphics Card would see my through a bit longer?

Associate
Your best bet is to probably preorder a AMD RX Vega mid teir card as soon as they are available at the end of the month or next month before the miners up the price assuming it isnt inflated on day one...

Or go for a second hand NVIDIA card the miners arent that interested in them.

Soldato
The 2nd hand market would tide you over. GTX 670/80 GTX 760/70/80 would do the job. Prices not affected by mining and lowest one I mentioned are at least double the performance.

New cards like the RX 550 and GTX 1050/ti are worth a looking it if you want a hassle free purchase/warranty.

Worth getting a 1050ti because of the 4 GB ram if in budget.

Associate
I just went from a 7850 in my spare machine to a 1050ti second hand (3 months old) for £85. Seems good for 1080p gaming / Doom on Ultra! Sold the 7850 for £45 so a cheapy upgrade.

Main machine has a 1080ti though. I am well impressed with the size temps and quietness of the 1050ti.

Associate
I'm in the same boat, currently running a 5870 that PUBG is really running into the ground. Definitely looking for a second hand 970 or 1050ti but don't have much experience with 2nd hand cards :S

Associate
If it's anything to go off I sold my spare MSI GTX 970 gaming for £135 a couple of weeks ago on a famous auction site, if it wasn't for an addiction to having the best and disposable income I'd still have that card!
Josh.

Back
Top Bottom