what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Dup

Dup

Soldato
My ancient Sennheiser PC350s died at the weekend so I have replaced them with Some Philips Fidelio X2s and a V-Moda BoomPRo Mic. Driven from my Xonar D2X and they sound beautiful to me, very pleased. Going to open backed makes a great difference in gaming and these are lovely and fun sounding, which is what I wanted. The material and build quality is just superb also.

I did consider the AKG 712Pro however the cable faff to get a mic and the flimsy looking band design put me off, and I may have needed an amp to push them properly killing the budget.

Associate
Just got a pair of k712. God I've missed the k7++ sound. Sold my HD650 keeping the HD 599 for gaming still. I wish I found all headphones as comfortable as sennheisers though

Last edited:
Associate
Picked up the Fidelio X2 from the Prime Day Sale and sent them back the following Monday. Didn't see much reason to keep them over my DT770's though it is time I upgraded these headphones as I've had them for around 9 years

Soldato
Returned my HE400S and got some PM-3's. I think the HE400S were better for the money (sound wise) but the PM-3's aren't far off and will get a lot more use being closed back; means I can use them on the couch while my partner watches the tv.

Associate
Just joined in on the massdrop HD6XX to see what all the fuss is about.

Waiting until xmas or new year :eek: so will be able to spend some more time with my recently acquired AKG712 and schiit stack (first serious audio investment on the pc and really enjoying the upgrade! :D)

Associate
Use some Audio Technica AD700x for gaming. Picked up some Bose QC20 in ears today for use in the office at work. Initial impressions are pretty good, sound quality isn't out of this world but the noise cancelling works brilliantly.

Soldato
Back with the K7XX, problem is I now need to buy an amp to use them with my PS4, probably go with the Creative X7 as I want VSS and only other option is a Mixamp + another amp like Schiit Magni.

maj

maj

Soldato
Back with the K7XX, problem is I now need to buy an amp to use them with my PS4, probably go with the Creative X7 as I want VSS and only other option is a Mixamp + another amp like Schiit Magni.

How do you find them? I find they get really uncomfortable after prolonged use and really hurt my ears. Not sure if different pads would make any difference or not as they're supposed to be memory foam.

Soldato
How do you find them? I find they get really uncomfortable after prolonged use and really hurt my ears. Not sure if different pads would make any difference or not as they're supposed to be memory foam.

The reason I went back to them is for the comfort. I have tried many headphones and these are the only ones I can barely tell are on my head.

Soldato

No need to go for the X7. Creative also have the G5, which has the same headphone amp as the X7. Portable, less than half the price of the X7 and has SBX, which is arguably better than Dolby Headphone for gaming.

I know the X7 doesn't use Dolby Headphone, but I was thinking about the mixamp as an alternative. I'd pay the extra £30 for the better headphone amp and SBX.

Last edited:

maj

maj

Soldato
The reason I went back to them is for the comfort. I have tried many headphones and these are the only ones I can barely tell are on my head.

Maybe I have an oddly shaped head or something. They're fine for the first hour but after that I tend to need to take the off to give me ears a rest. Not sure if it's just an AKG thing with me as I previously had the Q701's with the pain inducing headband. Might give my DT 770's a go for a bit and see if they're the better solution long term.

Soldato
No need to go for the X7. Creative also have the G5, which has the same headphone amp as the X7. Portable, less than half the price of the X7 and has SBX, which is arguably better than Dolby Headphone for gaming.

I know the X7 doesn't use Dolby Headphone, but I was thinking about the mixamp as an alternative. I'd pay the extra £30 for the better headphone amp and SBX.

Not an option for PS4 unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom