ataribox

Associate
new console from Atari after 20 year wait :):eek: I for one am excited about this and will deffo be picking omne up not sure if I would go retro wood or not yet

jpg

jpg

no specs have been given, we do know there will be an SD slot, HDMI output and four USB ports.

Soldato
I actually do like that.. As long as it doesn't just play old Atari games. That said if its nice and cheap you could rip the guts out and swap for a Rpi or a Mitx pc :D

Caporegime
is this going to be made by Atari or is it going to be another product by AT Games - IIRC they didn't exactly have Stella reviews of their previous creations though are supposed to be promising a new version of their mini megadrive/genesis that won't have sound issues etc.. so perhaps even if it is them behind this new Atari it might still be good

Associate
OP
is this going to be made by Atari or is it going to be another product by AT Games - IIRC they didn't exactly have Stella reviews of their previous creations though are supposed to be promising a new version of their mini megadrive/genesis that won't have sound issues etc.. so perhaps even if it is them behind this new Atari it might still be good
made by atari:)

Associate
OP
i need to know which atari's it will actually emulate before i get excited. ST? Lynx?, Jaguar? If it is purely 35/40 year old games then i doubt i'll bother.
no details on which systems or games it will emulate but that's not all its going to do apparently its going to play 3rd party games and new releases but once they announce the specs and bit more info we will know a lot more.:)

Soldato
Will there be a slot to take the box load of cartridges I still have in the attic? :D Because I don't think my heavy sixer works anymore. :(

You know what would make my day, if they just released the classic games as they were but just update the graphics and maybe just a slight tweak here and there to freshen things up. I'd give my right-nut to play online Space Invaders, Defender, Phoenix, Asteroids, Galaxian, Centipede, Vanguard, Battlezone, Berzerk, Pac-Man et al.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom