EK Watercooling loop, is this right?!

Associate
Hey Everyone,

If I'm putting a drain into my system, I just need to know that its ok to use my pump / res outlet and use a Y split, stop valves on both that way I can divert the water when I'm draining... I mean, that's ok right?

Thanks!

Soldato
use the Y but just have stop valve on one port, other normally connected to you loop. when draining open port hole on your res if you have one and then open stop valve . The lower the point it is in your loop the better.

Associate
Most ppl don't bother with a stop valve on the loop/gpu side and only stop valve the drain port. - reason why is if you accidentally close the stop valve on your loop/gpu side you'll stop any coolant from running through your system!

Also, when draining the system, you don't need to turn your PC on or run the pump, as the liquid will all fall out of the pump/res anyway even with it off... all you have to do is tilt the case back and forth until all the liquid falls out! ;D

Oh and one more tip, open a port/hole at the top of your reservior if you can when draining your system, it will allow air to get into your loop and help the coolant come out the bottom. - just remember to close that hole back up before you turn the system back on!

Associate
In the series of the tubing somewhere put in a T peice, on the extra put a drain valve with a stopper (I used a stopper as some of the drain valves are not 100% sealed!)

And .. thats it, doesn't need to be anymore complicated than that.

Associate
OP
Turns out I have a spare drain port at the bottom of my pump/res combo.

I did hardline tubing for all of it bar the drain tube, for my first time its gone ok, I'm just bleed testing now.

I'm not happy with the CPU out to RAD hardline but apart from that its all golden, I have pastel white fluid to go in once im done testing with distilled.

0DcuD6v.jpg

Qizwj0b.jpg

Associate
Like it :)

I love the look of hard tube but with ym constant pull in and pull out of bits I think id end up dying of frusation!

Associate
OP
Yeah, I don't even have a side window *yet* but I just like the idea of hardline's better...

Need to tidy it up, going to get a backplate on the GFX card but she runs so cool and quiet its unreal!

I need a PETG Hardline god to come over and sort that CPU out to RAD line.

Back
Top Bottom