Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Well, Matcha green tea has lots of healing properties. Its crazily popular in Japan. A quick google on matcha tea will show lots of websites listing the seemingly endless benefits to it. I used to work with someone who drank it reguarly and she claimed it helped her a lot with her arthritis. Whether or not it actually helps or its just a placebo effect remains to be decided...however, I know my wife loves the stuff and it's expensive so she doesn't buy it often. So picked her this up so she can keep a sachet at work as well :)

I read the question as more like dust/powder vs loose leaf. They normally use dust/powder for normal tea bags in standard black tea, it's lower grade than the more expensive loose leaf tea.

Associate
Well, Matcha green tea has lots of healing properties. Its crazily popular in Japan. A quick google on matcha tea will show lots of websites listing the seemingly endless benefits to it. I used to work with someone who drank it reguarly and she claimed it helped her a lot with her arthritis. Whether or not it actually helps or its just a placebo effect remains to be decided...however, I know my wife loves the stuff and it's expensive so she doesn't buy it often. So picked her this up so she can keep a sachet at work as well :)

Whenever someone says healing properties I can't help but think it sounds like homeopathy.

Caporegime
I read the question as more like dust/powder vs loose leaf. They normally use dust/powder for normal tea bags in standard black tea, it's lower grade than the more expensive loose leaf tea.

Didn't read it that way. But I am not tea expert so I am not one to comment or know any better :D

Whenever someone says healing properties I can't help but think it sounds like homeopathy.

*shrugs* I've no idea if actually does anything or not but I know my wife likes it and will like the surprise, so thats good enough for me :)

Soldato
Sounds like hogwash. The benefits will be in the antioxidants it likely contains, which both Tea and Coffee have a lot of as well. Green tea just has a higher concentration of l-theanine from what I recall.

Associate
Sounds like hogwash. The benefits will be in the antioxidants it likely contains, which both Tea and Coffee have a lot of as well. Green tea just has a higher concentration of l-theanine from what I recall.

Today it seems I unexpectedly learnt something new about green tea:

Regular green tea is 99.9% water, provides 1 Calorie per 100 mL serving, is devoid of significant nutrient content (table) and contains phytochemicals, such as polyphenols and caffeine. Polyphenols found in green tea include epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), epicatechin gallate, epicatechins and flavanols,[1] which have antioxidant, anticarcinogen, anti-inflammatory, and anti-radiation biochemical effects in vitro.[4] Other components include three kinds of flavonoids, known as kaempferol, quercetin, and myricetin.[8] A remarkably higher content of myricetin is detected in tea and its extracts than in many other plants, and this high concentration of myricetin may have some implications for the experimentally-observed bioactivity of tea and its extracts in vitro.[4]

Although numerous claims have been made for the health benefits of green tea, human clinical research has not provided conclusive evidence of any effects.[1][9][10] In 2011, a panel of scientists published a report on the claims for health effects at the request of the European Commission: in general they found that the claims made for green tea were not supported by sufficient scientific evidence.[9] Although the mean content of flavonoids and catechins in a cup of green tea is higher than that in the same volume of other food and drink items that are traditionally considered to promote health,[11] flavonoids and catechins have no proven biological effect in humans.[9][12]

inb4 wikipedia

So I guess the answer is, green tea may have health benefits

POB

POB

Soldato
20170717_133521.jpg

Surface Laptop.

Amazing build quality. Speakers are very punchy (hidden below the keyboard with no grill)

3:2 Screen aspect is the main reason for purchase.

20170717_133528.jpg

Don
Cheers chap,

I suppose I should post a picture of the house as I just bought that too, but compared to most here it's nothing special, problem is in this area everything is silly money so even 500k doesn't get you very much :( (quite literally a 3 bedroom ex-council house)

As such I've got a definite do-er up-er :D

Man of Honour
Cheers chap,

I suppose I should post a picture of the house as I just bought that too, but compared to most here it's nothing special, problem is in this area everything is silly money so even 500k doesn't get you very much :( (quite literally a 3 bedroom ex-council house)

Don't be daft, buying your own home is an achievement no matter what and worth posting. Post pics :)

Associate
20170717_133521.jpg

Surface Laptop.

Amazing build quality. Speakers are very punchy (hidden below the keyboard with no grill)

3:2 Screen aspect is the main reason for purchase.

20170717_133528.jpg

Would you recommend?

My day to day laptop needs a new battery and HDD (both failing) so I'm in the market for a replacement. It's a flip between this and the Dell xps 15 touch.

Permabanned
Would you recommend?

My day to day laptop needs a new battery and HDD (both failing) so I'm in the market for a replacement. It's a flip between this and the Dell xps 15 touch.

I would recommend... second best keyboard of any laptop on the market at the moment... bested only by the Razer Blade 14 (my new work laptop which will be arriving in a couple of days).

Battery life and portability are both excellent. Trackpad is very good too.

I'd highly recommend the Razer & Surface Laptop over the XPS15... I've owned the XPS15, used Blade, Surface Book & Surface Laptop

Don
Don't be daft, buying your own home is an achievement no matter what and worth posting. Post pics :)

Thanks chap, I shall, but we have pretty much just moved in, I've spent nearly three grand in screwfix and any dewalt kit I don't own apparently isn't worth having :p But it's a long way from ready.

For Will Gill this kind of money falls out of his back pocket when he drops his jeans to pinch a loaf. :p

Haha I wish pal, moving away from london quartered my salary but definitely tripled my quality of life :) x

Back
Top Bottom