Racing Wheel Suggestions (Oculus/VR)

Associate
Hi, All — I finally made the plunge into the VR realm and I'm really wanting to start racing in VR, probably Project Cars.

I'm looking for any recommendations for a decent wheel/pedal setup — something that is good value, don't want to break the bank — but I'm willing to spend a little more money if it's worth it.

Thanks In Advance.

Regards,

Adam.

Associate
G29 starts at £180
Thrustmaster T300 is a bit more c.£250 I think...

Either of these are good starter wheels, if you get hooked you'll want to upgrade. There is more expensive kit out there but to be honest the above 2 wheels will be easy to shift on if you decide it's not for you. The more expensive hardware is the harder it is to move. I started with a DFGT (plastic baby of the G27 predecessor to the G29), quickly upgraded to the G27 and now have a T500. I haven't bothered to sell any of my wheels tbh, mainly cos I'm just too lazy to do it lol. I also bought a G29 to play on PS4 then realised the T500 would actually work...don't use that either.

Associate
In my opinion Project Cars, and will be cheap with Project Cars 2 due to release 22nd Sep...

Assetto Corsa a close second... really not much to choose between them.

Longer answer in your PC games thread...

Associate
I'm really impressed with how well rfactor 2 runs in VR, raceroom experience is also very good, as for a wheel, I stated with a G29 and upgraded to a TS-PC Racer

Associate
I'm really impressed with how well rfactor 2 runs in VR, raceroom experience is also very good, as for a wheel, I stated with a G29 and upgraded to a TS-PC Racer

I'm puzzled about RF2 I found that the non-DX11 content was pretty glitchy in VR...I've uninstalled until VR support is native and properly set up...too many games not enough time :)

Associate
I've just done similar myself but for Assetto Corsa. VR + G29. It appeared through my research on this forum and other places that the t300 rs pedals aren't that good, and a lot of people upgraded them to the t500 rs pedals, but when the t300 is already more than the G29 it struck me that the Logitech is a better whole package at the price point. The brake pedal is very good especially, with progression and it takes some pushing as you press further down :D

Maybe my scrawny legs are just weak.

Back
Top Bottom