Destiny 2

Soldato
Other games do it but seems like when bungie do it with destiny, the world is up in arms etc.

Not as bad as Bungie do in Destiny. If you don't have DLC then loads of stuff gets shut down. PvP is basically unplayable without DLC. As much I enjoy Destiny the way they handle DLC is pretty crappy.

Soldato
And as I've said other games do pretty much the same as destiny ;).

So no point in moaning about it, you want new content then pay for it. If you don't then fine don't complain about it.
Nope, rainbow six, battlefield, halo etc dont operate in the same way.

Its terrible how little content destiny 1 had despite good gameplay, so im hesitant to pre order. Im looking forward to trying the beta tonight tho!

Soldato
You've played it!!
I think.. think.. he's asking "have Bungie stated how much content there will be in the final game?". I think he's looking for number of missions, strikes, maps, raids, those stats. And I think no is the answer. Although I would expect the raid to come after launch as usual.

Associate
I think.. think.. he's asking "have Bungie stated how much content there will be in the final game?". I think he's looking for number of missions, strikes, maps, raids, those stats. And I think no is the answer. Although I would expect the raid to come after launch as usual.

i saw a picture of one planet, looks like one strike and a few story missions

my guess 4 new areas, 12 missions, 6 strikes and 1 raid?

How do we get in the beta?

on xbox, just search destiny 2 beta or watch this week on xbox :)

Last edited:
Associate
Content seems very limited yet again...a big worry for the release, "yet again"

Considering Cancelling the pc pre order as it doesnt seem worth the beta access. So little to play in it, how will we test all the other content for bugs and for exploits? This beta was rife with them

Soldato
Will Destiny 2 have matchmaking for raids? I really enjoyed the first one, but didn't get to raid because of how the game forces you to manually make groups, i just dont have time for it.

Soldato
Will Destiny 2 have matchmaking for raids? I really enjoyed the first one, but didn't get to raid because of how the game forces you to manually make groups, i just dont have time for it.

Normal yes (guided games), hard mode no, that's for clans and friends. It's too hard to be matchmade.

Associate
Normal yes (guided games), hard mode no, that's for clans and friends. It's too hard to be matchmade.

Haha myth well and truly busted in destiny 1, it was never too hard for matchmaking, ever! That age old arguement flew out of the window with all the solo completion of raids posted on YouTube, and the cheese techniques.....

Genuinely flabbergasted that people still tow this line...

Soldato
Haha myth well and truly busted in destiny 1, it was never too hard for matchmaking, ever! That age old arguement flew out of the window with all the solo completion of raids posted on YouTube, and the cheese techniques.....

Genuinely flabbergasted that people still tow this line...

Considering the variables of match making: spoken language, headset, gaming ability, knowledge of raid, load out,weapons available, character class etc I don't see how it's a myth.

Sure people can do solo runs and use cheese spots (mostly on the 2nd raid) but your average Joe isn't going to do that let alone complete with a bunch of randoms.

Sometimes it's a struggle to complete a strike with randoms who seem clueless enough not to use the correct guns to suit the modifiers or insist on continually getting killed... It wouldn't be a fun experience with the way it was set up in D1.

Caporegime
Despite my refusal to get caught in the Destiny hype for this second outing, I dipped my toes in the water. After having watched the footage on Digital Foundry, I downloaded the beta. And got sucked straight in. The things they were complaining about like fuzzy edges in some of the areas and the 30fps framerate, I never even noticed when I started playing. The graphics are a definite step up from Destiny 1 with all the new particle and lighting effects.

The campaign had me intrigued all the way and the strike was quite enjoyable. But do I buy it again? I spent £100 on Destiny 1 and mostly hated the Crucible and the raiding. So it seems only half the package is of interest to me. Decisions, decisions...

BTW, did the Traveller feature in the story at all in Destiny 1? It seemed that the big, white globe just sat there doing nothing. And now the Cabal have started to bring it in to the story in Destiny 2.

Soldato
Really not impressed, all the talk of destiny 1.5 seems true to me.
I fell out of love with destiny 1 before id even finished the second SP dlc, didnt buy into the expansions.
I cant see this being any better, if im going to grind my ass off playing a looter shooter the I will wait for Anthem i think.

Soldato
Players who are seeking an alternative to Destiny because of DLC and transactions probably shouldn't wait for games that are developed and published by EA.

Soldato
They've thrown away half the lore from the first game, so wouldn't read too much into the story side, it's not going to be more complex than Big Bad Cabal Dude being the raid boss.

Played through the SP part of the beta. Probably not going to buy at launch, it's just more of the same. Some subclass and weapon changes but it does feel quite a lot like they are changes just made to justify the '2' label.

The new particle and lighting effects were overdone, I found them quite distracting from the gunplay.

I'll pick up a package next year with the DLC and play it that way, not interested enough to shell out for the full 100 up front deal and the grinding.

Back
Top Bottom