****** Official World of Warships Thread ******

Associate
I feel like that about tanks now. Played a few games today but basically cba with it now.

I've managed to buy the Gneisenau this weekend, unsurprisingly it plays fairly similarly to the Scharnhorst.

Soldato
They really need to spice up the co-op in this game. Maybe actual campaign missions (based on historic ones) on some very large maps. Something difficult which actually requires some strategy.

Associate
It is quite an easy campaign if you have the time (coupled with T10 ships and premium account)

Have got to mid way through the 4th part with 21/24 badges collected so far.

I do however want to buy the Hood, but WG can massage my nether regions if they think I will pay £85 for the first bundle. Will wait until the ship is available stand alone.

Soldato
Bit the bullet and purchased Hood

Expense yes but ended up getting Warspite with some of the Doubloons :)

Had some fun games, mowing down squadrons of planes when carriers think you are an easy target is hilarious!

Now to crack on hunting for Bismarck!

Associate
Bit the bullet and purchased Hood

Expense yes but ended up getting Warspite with some of the Doubloons :)

Had some fun games, mowing down squadrons of planes when carriers think you are an easy target is hilarious!

Now to crack on hunting for Bismarck!

Hahaha WG broke you :D!

It is very tempting but I am sticking to my guns. I do want to sail her pretty bad.

Soldato
Still haven't purchased the Hood :)

However, in a fit of reverse-Nationalism(?) I bought the mighty ShinyHorse. And quite mighty she proved to be!

1zkqSAL.jpg

Soldato
OP
Bit of a resurrect since British BB's are around the corner.

Had a bit of a stonk game in the Izumo earlier.. Citadels for days. (excuse the phone photo but wasn't in windowed mode so couldn't screenshot it.)
WY4ZBQw.jpg

Associate
Just wondering folks have we setup a clan for this yet havent posted in this thread since cbt i think but would be good to get in a few games which are a bit more structured than the average random battle

Soldato
OP
Add me im down for a game most nights at any tier HybridX/ or HybridXS in Wows I cant remember, rank 7 though in the last seasons ranking if that helps to narrow it down

Side note... Bought the Nelson with free xp... God I love it

Soldato
OP
Well since my last post ive reached the Yamato and max skill points on my captain and my god its a stonk ship. Love it.

After using free xp to unlock the Nelson its such a great ship and not at all hard to end a game with 400-600k credits which really helps to fund the upgrades for other ships. Side note there is nothing better than being on 5k health and the enemy thinking they have you only to pop a repair and suddenly be on 35k health and back in the fight.

British BB are in too now and they are interesting to play. T5 is a HE fest as the iron duke has high dmg with HE shells and a high fire chance on its shells.

Queen elizabeth.... is an inaccurate and poor IMO, i just couldnt find the right play style for it and it felt like a right grind with no notable features to it. Warspite is so much better due to it being able to hit harder but also although the warspite takes insane damage and is a bit squishy, it can superheal and tank because of it.

KGV is a solid ship. No gimmicks or super heals but just generally solid and reliable. It can take a bit of a beating but not too much but it can also push decent damage and punish anyone on the enemy team who makes a mistake

Caporegime
Enjoying the game again.

Multiple Kraken's from kamikaze r and t5 iron Duke he spam....

I play each a few times collect my 2 crates then log out. Perfect for me just now.

I can see a nerf Inc on t5 t4 UK bbs.

Hideous gfx lag sometimes and FPS almost zeroing out. I guess it's gsync? I'll look into it. It's rare but happens most when you are under massive shell fire.

Associate
I think you are right about the lower down UK BBs potentially getting a nerf at some point. I'm averaging over 50k damage in my Bellepheron (only 7 games but still). From what i've seen the Orion is pretty decent as well. I'm not sure making HE spamming battleships was a good idea...

Went out in my first T9 ship the Friedrich der Grosse yesterday. Started off far to aggressively, met the majority of the enemy team who pushed in between A+B and got sunk having done less than 6000k damage :(.

Caporegime
HE spam everywhere now its really boring.....

It wont last.

1 vs 1 its fun but 2vs 1 or more u cant do a thing u just lose in 3 mins regardless...

10 losses in a row and an angry GF... what a night

Last edited:
Associate
Hello,

The latest patch has introduced some benefits to people in clans such as cheaper repair costs, cheaper ship purchases and increased XP. I've created a clan with a few friends called NORKS. It would be worth joining even if you don't want to be social or do anything else. Let me know your in-game name if you are interested and i'll drop you and invite.

Thanks
prj1865

Back
Top Bottom