Anyone bought an Asus PG279Q IPS monitor in recent months?

Associate
Mine is on its way. It is my first g sync monitor and first IPS panel.
Now having read the issues regarding the light bleed on the initial release of this monitor, I know that Asus stepped in and claimed to add better QC and test every panel going forward, and reject the bad ones.
A year or so later, has this problem been mostly resolved and are the majority of customers receiving much better panels now?
Thanks in advance.

Associate
For what it's worth, I got mine on the week of release and it had and still has no dead pixels or bleed. It still has quite a lot of IPS glow though, especially at the sides.

I'm hoping the new generation of FALD monitors are going to solve this problem once and for all.

Associate
OP
For what it's worth, I got mine on the week of release and it had and still has no dead pixels or bleed. It still has quite a lot of IPS glow though, especially at the sides.

I'm hoping the new generation of FALD monitors are going to solve this problem once and for all.

Good news about the pixels. It will be tomorrow that I receive and test mine. Let's see if there is a difference between the one you bought on release and the latest ones.

Associate
OP
My first pg279q was delivered, but before powering it up I checked out the screen and wiped it down gently with my micro fibre cloth. I then noticed 3 or 4 small dot marks on the anti glare coating, in the top right corner. Very small and you wouldn't even have noticed it at all with the screen on. But I paid top dollar for this monitor so I want it 100% perfect.
I boxed it back up and returned it without even turning it on. I swapped for a second one and this had a perfect screen. I powered it up and I am well pleased with it. There are no dead pixels and you can only see the slightest hint of light at the edge on a black screen.
I am now one happy customer, and going from 1080p to 1440p for the first time ever is a fantastic experience when gaming. I am new to G Sync and it is the best thing I have ever seen. My GTX 1080ti runs all games as smooth as butter.
In all, this monitor is a joy to game with.

Back
Top Bottom