Chair selection is difficult!

Associate
yes agree with both above its a minefield and until you try you cant always tell.

to be honest i was very lucky to get my rh chairs as to pay that amount would have been prohibitive in all honesty at the time.
i would probably push the boat out now to get one again but like you have said its got to fit.
if it doesn't fit you there is no point going for something..

be nice to hear your feedback on it

Associate
Maybe you should ask for some advice from the dealers and manufactures? Doing an Internet desk study isn't going to work for everyone.

I have a friend who works as a programmer and must be 6'8" at least and he swears by Herman Miller, Steelcase do Plus size chairs for persons up to 250kg without loss in performance there are options for people above average height and weight.

Associate
OP
Maybe you should ask for some advice from the dealers and manufactures? Doing an Internet desk study isn't going to work for everyone.

I have a friend who works as a programmer and must be 6'8" at least and he swears by Herman Miller, Steelcase do Plus size chairs for persons up to 250kg without loss in performance there are options for people above average height and weight.

Unfortunately, getting advice from the manufacturers is how I found out that the prices double if I want something from them that fits. Herman Miller are great for office use, as indeed is my current chair - this is for a more relaxed gaming experience where I can lean back and have my head supported. Leaning back in my current chair or a standard Herman Miller/Steelcase/Ergohuman would leave my neck and head unsupported which isn't comfortable or very healthy, and their options designed for taller users are much more expensive sadly.

I'm basically after a mid-way solution between a proper office chair and my living room setup where I game on a reclining leather sofa. A headrest is a must or there is just no point in getting a new chair.

Back
Top Bottom