My pics

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the kind comments guys :)

New lens arrived today, managed to get one of the last remaining Schneider APO Digitar 72mm lenses, since they stopped making them, I sent it off to Cambo to be fitted into a WTS tilt/swing mount,

Had a play around with it earlier taking shots of the carpark, pretty impressive for sharpness - I almost went for the Rodenstock Digaron 70mm, but numerous people have mentioned that despite it having a slightly larger image circle it's not quite as sharp in the corners, I did a couple of shifts with the Schneider and it is indeed very sharp from corner to corner, with minimal cast, so I'm pretty happy... Currently debating whether I should get up at 0230-0300 to go and have a go at some morning Panoramics, or hold off until tomorrow night - might head into London to a couple of spots I've scouted out for some Panos, :)

mdpCqXR.jpg

Soldato
OP
Went out for a quick hike around London after dinner, had a few ideas for some panoramics with my new lens, but the light was wrong, so ended up on tower bridge, nice evening - very busy as usual,

iJmyYeK.jpg

Soldato
OP
Ahhh my old work domain. It's definitely never looked so glamorous :p :D

lol I can assure you it was far from glamorous last night :p

Exactly as I was taking this exposure, some old pensioner in a rover 75 ran into the back of some guy in a BMW, they all jumped out and almost lynched the guy, a whole crowd of people, police, total chaos on tower bridge :D

Soldato
OP
Went away to Scotland for 10 days last week, I quit my current job and they put me on gardening leave for my remaining 3 weeks, so I went to Skye, Isle of Lewis/Harris followed by the Ullapool area, the days were pretty bad for weather but mornings and evenings seemed to be pretty decent,

The Saltmarshes of Leverburgh - Isle of Harris;

X8AoiG0.jpg

Luskentyre beach - Isle of Harris;

rsA1iCE.jpg

Luskentyre beach 2 - Isle of Harris;

mX5dLn9.jpg

Luskentyre beach 3 - Isle of Harris;

m4MUkus.jpg

Elgol - Isle of Skye;

NqRK7Oy.jpg

Old diatomite furnace - Isle of Skye;

LNDwDyF.jpg

Sgurr an Fhidhleir - Wester ross

jFqW5pY.jpg

Mellon Udrigle - Wester ross

uSFkIVc.jpg

Mellon Udrigle 2 - Wester ross

MY89TFk.jpg

Mellon Charles - Wester ross

5sLyTwO.jpg

Soldato
OP
Been busy working in Dublin for the last 6 weeks (new job and stuff) so haven't had a chance to do much, the few weekends I've had to myself have been accompanied by terrible weather, today was an exception though, so I went for a quick blast up there for a sunset... Bit too busy for my liking, bus tours and hundreds of people down there - thankfully it thinned out in the evening,

QlEQtDY.jpg

Soldato
OP
Fantastic stuff dude! :)

Haven't ventured in this sub forum for a while but glad I did, remember seeing your OP earlier in the year. Great shots :)!

Thanks for the kind comments guys :)

The beauty and isolation stunningly captured. I also need to get back to Wester Ross.

Yeah - Wester Ross is amazing, the beaches of Harris are so good too, I started off on Skye - I've been going to Skye for many years, but the last 2 years has seen the biggest explosion of tourism I've ever seen, thousands of people at every landmark, it was terrible lol - i gave up after about 2 days.

I got to Harris and practically not a single person on Luskentyre beach, absolutely amazing to be honest,

Soldato
OP
Currently visiting the US engineering teams in Los Angeles, here for 6 weeks which is rather nice - landed on Friday night, naturally went straight to death valley with all my kit, went to "the race track" aka "The Playa" the place where the rocks move due to the pressure of wind and ice, they leave tracks in the lake bed, amazing place - totally surreal stood out there by myself,

Both shots moonlit - such an awesome place,

JIFOERU.jpg

S7AJxc7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom