Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I'm brushing off people who are twisting what I say into something else, this includes you.

To put exactly the same thing in different and simpler words, I didn't like the scene with Arya faking a grown man and magic was not an acceptable filler of the MANY inconsistencies leading up to it.

And then you complain that I brush people off for arguing against something I didn't say.

Usual forum stuff.

Not to speak for others but I don't think it is the specifics of your issue with Arya being a grown man more of a timing issue. If Arya was the first time it happened then I'd understand but being the faceless man (men?) have been different people of different height and weight, taken on their voices and even appeared as the opposite sex. Why not complain about this when it was first introduced rather than now when it is now an established part of the story/lore.

I think it was more of a 'You're not the Nymeria I once knew', as she's changed now. Both of them really.

Still, it's definitely not the last we'll see of Nymeria, otherwise there's no point of reintroducing her. Chekhov's gun if you will.

That is pretty much how I took that scene too. Though it doesn't mean Nymeria will be back, as I took it as a realisation scene. She was travelling north back to her past but she isn't who she once was so it wouldn't surprise me to find in the next episode she is heading south again.

Associate
ooo, I really hope...

Arya starts having the Wolf dreams and show she's capable of warging. Same with Jon and Ghost

Where the fudge is Ghost anyway?!

Pretty good scene showing Eurons bigger ships smashing the fleet up. Guessing the Sandsnakes (what's left) will not have a fun time in KL after what they did to Cersei's girl... And that's just after episode 2!

The cure for the greyscale isn't just cutting it off, that's the first stage. The next is applying the cure which was said in the episode...
Was thinking Sam should really be wearing a mask, just needed a bit of that puss to spray up in his face :eek:

Edit:
As said above, also wouldn't be surprised to find her heading south again after one of her connections to home just walked away from her. Either that or she'll get there and Jon already gone to see Dany

Man of Honour
Why did he say that? Daenerys's main military man (grey worm) is played by a black actor.

He said how wrong it was that “There are no black people on Game of Thrones."

Also complained that there was a lack of black actors in Lord of the Rings.

But there you go, got to tick those boxes etc

Last edited:
Caporegime
Didn't she say 'that's not you'? Which is a little different, implying it is the wolf, but she's different.

I read an article that mentions it's a parable of what Ned said to Arya in the first series - he basically said she would be a noblewoman, all prim and proper one day, and she replied "that's not me", meaning that just wasn't who she was. When Aria said that about Nymeria it was perhaps meant in the same way. Nymeria was different and was her own wolf, not just Aryas pet.

I'm sure she'll be back too, probably in her own time and place to save Arya or others.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Bit of a slow episode but damn they know how to pick actresses with amazing bodies in GoT. The battle at the end was good but I really wanted Euron to die. Lets be honest though, he hasn't done enough morally questionable things to die yet. Hes never going to beat Ramsey Bolton anyway. Joffrey was just nasty but you pitied him at some level, Ramsey was just one of the worst humans imaginable.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
So Euron owned the fleet on the way to Dorn. Good move.

Seems like things are progressing well.

Just a matter of time before Jon and Daenerys hook up. Fire and Ice.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Decent episode. I fully expect Cersei to have an army of archers who magically gain mad skillz with a crossbow, despite every film ever showing how inaccurate they are :p

Little Finger is clearly scheming and it's going to bite Jon in the backside sooner rather than later.

Commissario
I enjoyed the battle scene but a lot of it seemed very CGI to me - I don't normally worry about that sort of thing but it was almost a bit herky jerky.

All in all, I thought this was a very good episode.

Associate
Decent episode. I fully expect Cersei to have an army of archers who magically gain mad skillz with a crossbow, despite every film ever showing how inaccurate they are :p

Little Finger is clearly scheming and it's going to bite Jon in the backside sooner rather than later.

Unless (and this is really just me hoping) in the next episode, when Jon comes face to face with Varys (Who was in the room when Littlefinger betrayed Ned) he'll give him suitable warning to gut the ******* next time he sees him.

But sadly we all know it won't be that simple.

Man of Honour
I enjoyed the battle scene but a lot of it seemed very CGI to me - I don't normally worry about that sort of thing but it was almost a bit herky jerky.

All in all, I thought this was a very good episode.

Budget versus doing something of that scale proper justice I guess.

Caporegime
That and we're off the map of the books. I don't know what sort of material they're dealing with that Martin has been able to provide to them, but it could be more bullet points than the full text of things, to an extent.

Back
Top Bottom