Rift £200 off

Soldato
I cancelled my order from Oculus a few days ago
Was expecting a quick turnaround as they are the main dealer,did not happen so waiting on OCUK or the Forest to get stock now :)
edit: placed an order with OCUK,just in case

Last edited:
Associate
I just saw on the water jungle site that they have the "new bundle" (the one without the xbox controller and remote thing) up for pre-order at 499 although the "old bundle is still there but still showing as unavailable so dunno if they will get the 399 deal back in stock.I quite fancy one of these, was considering one a while back when they were 600 but decided it was a bit too much still.Anyone know for sure when the deal runs out?

Associate
I just ordered direct from Oculus.

I did Tweet them to see about delivery forecasts, but had nothing back.

Now just need to get myself ready.

Games wise will be hitting Elite Dangerous, Project CARS and am also thinking of breaking out my yoke and re-installing Prepar3D for some flight sim action. Am guessing that EVE online does not have support for VR?

Other than these, what are the recommends for games to get the best out of it?

Soldato
what are the recommends for games to get the best out of it?
Driving and flying are the most refined types of games for the rift atm + they are absolutely spectacular in VR, so I'd say try more of them. IL2:Battle of Stalingrad, DCS world, Assetto Corsa are all worth trying. DCS is free to play, and the rest you could refund through Steam if you dont like them (they are my favourite games and I cant see how one may not laike them, but jsut saying)

Associate
Am guessing that EVE online does not have support for VR?

Other than these, what are the recommends for games to get the best out of it?
Eve Online doesn't, but there's Eve Valkyrie and Eve Gunjack which are both set in the same universe (the first is online PvP, the second is a turret based wave shooter). Elite Dangerous is probably the best space based cockpit game out their atm.

You get some quality free content with it - Robo Recall is probably considered one of the best (if not the best) shooter, Dead and Buried (wild west zombie shooter), and Lucky's Tale are top quality titles.

Lone Echo is the game of the moment (it's really good, though needs another performance patch), and The Mage's Tale was getting praise from the VR community last month.

Associate
Don't forget Dirt Rally, also great. For flying there's also War Thunder, and with an additional purchase (there's a 15 minute time limited demo) of FlyInside you can have a 3D cockpit in FSX, P3D V3 or XPlane 10/11. (X-Plane 11 is planned get native VR support this fall).

Generally, cockpit experiences with native VR support are where it is at (for me anyway, not a big fan of the many shooters). And then there's the "made for VR" experiences like Lone Echo and The Lab's Longbow mini game which I really enjoy.

Associate
I wish I knew where the best place to order from was! Should have just pulled the trigger last week when everywhere had stock. I see a few places quoting 31/7 for new stock. Wonder if OCUK will be similar. Have some time off beginning of August :p

Associate
I ordered from Oculus main site at 4.00pm 14 Jul and have heard nothing since. On contacting them the usual machine reply. What I have found out is that people who ordered in the morning of 14th Jul have got their e-mails and dates on Fri 21 so it should follow that those who ordered pm 14Jul should get their e-mails on Mon 24. If that is the case and I get it on Thu or Fri this week it will be nearly two weeks since I ordered and not forgetting they do not work the weekends

Associate
Its now the morning of the 24th and hopefully sometime to-day I should be getting word from Oculus about my shipping if not then I will give up and maybe its not meant for me. Just turned 65 and it could 66 before I get it ha ha ha ha ha. Will let you know later how I got on.

Associate
Water jungle has em back up so just ordered one.Delivery for 27th but i chose 28th because atleast someone should be in if i aren't.

*looks like they took em down again,hope i get one

*back up again now,dunno what they playing at over there

Back
Top Bottom