Issue with Steelseries Apex M800 RBG

Associate
Hello everyone,

I have some issues with my newly bought keyboard: Steelseries Apex M800.
Whenever my computer goes to sleep or I restart it, the keyboard fails to load until I un-plug it and plug it back in. I have read the FAQ section on Steelseries but nothing useful there regarding this issue. Any ideas ? Or has anyone ever encountered such an issue?

Thanks,
Felix

Soldato
I have the same keyboard. Very occasionally when I start up the computer, the keyboard stays dark, but the keys still work. Strangely enough, if I press the 'steelseries' button, then it and the related F keys light up and stay lit.

Unplugging and pluggin back in the USB solves it every time, and it's not frequent enough to annoy me much.

If it's happening every time, you probably want to contact the manufacturer or seller and see about a replacement.

V F

V F

Soldato
Update BIOS. I seem to have this issue every time a BIOS update is released but firmware hasn't. As soon as I update Firmware or update BIOS the issue goes.

Guessing its USB controller related.

I seem to suffer the lights going out and in if I have the Steelseries 840 receiver plugged in through the keyboard while accessing its menus. The same effect having the Steelseries Engine open editing the keys and the app seems to refresh that triggers the lights dipping out and in. At the same time causing the keys to be deselected through the app.

If I'm not changing things, no issues. Sometimes the keyboard wakes up the reciever from its designed screen timeout.

Typing/gaming/bootup and such, no issues.

Back
Top Bottom