What's your favourite thing on toast?

Soldato
@EssexBoy - Interesting, I've never met a bee keeper who didn't filter their honey, but even then you'll get some bits in it I suppose. Most beekeepers will water bath their honey to sell runny honey if that's how people want it. I didn't realise people made an issue out of it, I have about 20 kilos of bottled raw honey at home and another 20 kilos of raw honey in a tub. I wouldn't think of charging more for crystallised un-heat treated honey over runny, vice versa if anything. The only absolute is the max 20% water content for eating honey (as opposed to cooking honey) to prevent fermentation, which is a legal requirement.

Associate
@EssexBoy - Interesting, I've never met a bee keeper who didn't filter their honey, but even then you'll get some bits in it I suppose. Most beekeepers will water bath their honey to sell runny honey if that's how people want it. I didn't realise people made an issue out of it, I have about 20 kilos of bottled raw honey at home and another 20 kilos of raw honey in a tub. I wouldn't think of charging more for crystallised un-heat treated honey over runny, vice versa if anything. The only absolute is the max 20% water content for eating honey (as opposed to cooking honey) to prevent fermentation, which is a legal requirement.

We use a centrifugal honey extractor and filter it with just a fine mesh to prevent small contamination.Apart from that it is bottled and stored but this is for personal use and it tastes so much better as well as the health benefits.

As a business i understand what your saying as rightly so its a legal requirement.

Soldato
Used to be Heinz London Grill until they stopped making it, before that it was Chef beans and sausages, another long since defunct brand. Whatever the brand I will always eat all the sausages first before even touching a bean, cutting each one in half. I also like that Shropshire Blue cheese melted on toast.

Soldato
Cheddar, sometimes cheddar and lea & perrins, sometimes one of each.

I've had my gall bladder out and no one said anything about stopping or even cutting down on cheese?? :confused:

It's a potential side effect, basically you're intestines get irritated by the gall produced when you eat fatty food and it causes unpleasant toilet related side effects. At least that was what my research said when I nearly had to have my gall bladder out.

Man of Honour
Odd one but I love it, burnt toast proper burnt not just dark, butter, peanut butter and Bovril. ideally at a temp that the butter just starts melting.

Back
Top Bottom