Android O

Soldato
OMG! Please be true! Android 0 Dev preview 4 has a battery %!!!!!!

This is the ONLY thing I've wanted since my last handset which was a GS2! Since then I've only had Nexus!

I was hoping it would release August 5th (patch day). But as this has just come out, I'm going to say maybe Sep 5th it will release.

Mobster
Soldato
OMG! Please be true! Android 0 Dev preview 4 has a battery %!!!!!!

This is the ONLY thing I've wanted since my last handset which was a GS2! Since then I've only had Nexus!

I was hoping it would release August 5th (patch day). But as this has just come out, I'm going to say maybe Sep 5th it will release.

It is ridiculous how long Google has taken to support this if true.

Soldato
OP
Installed 4 this morning. STILL not sorted out the bluetooth issues. Read the reddit q&a and also the huge thread on the google forums, and at least (finally) the google engineers have admitted that bluetooth on android has always been poor.

They say O will bring some much needed stability improvements along with new codecs. Here's hoping!

as it stands, no spotify/google music in the car, and skipping whilst using my bose qc35 headphones

Everything else seems a little more polished to me now. Notifications are super fast to come in and has that 'almost complete' feel to it.

Shout out to the BBC android team on their use of the new apis :)

V_R

V_R

Soldato
On O the setting is available under the battery settings and not under UI tuner.
I know that I'm running the beta on my 6P now (though dailying my S7E), and in 7.0 its under System UI Tuner, and its not the little number in the icon.

Like this in to pictures: http://www.askvg.com/tip-enable-hidden-secret-system-ui-tuner-menu-in-google-android-mobile-phones/

IIRC originally it was the number within the battery icon, but it was changed/updated after to show it next to the icon like the images above.

Last edited:
Soldato
Question is what will be the launch device?

I don't think it'll be the Pixel 2.

Money is on Moto Z2 Force.

I doubt it will be the Z2 Force. O will roll out as a final version to Pixel / Nexus devices around the end of next month, and the most likely candidate as a launch device is the Pixel 2.

Mobster
Soldato
I know that I'm running the beta on my 6P now (though dailying my S7E), and in 7.0 its under System UI Tuner, and its not the little number in the icon.

Like this in to pictures: http://www.askvg.com/tip-enable-hidden-secret-system-ui-tuner-menu-in-google-android-mobile-phones/

IIRC originally it was the number within the battery icon, but it was changed/updated after to show it next to the icon like the images above.

I updated to O on my Pixel last night. Enabling it vis system UI tuner on M put the percent inside the battery. O put it next to the battery.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I updated to O on my Pixel last night. Enabling it vis system UI tuner on M put the percent inside the battery. O put it next to the battery.
In Marshmallow you say? In Nougat it was next to it, as I said, it was originally in the icon, then it was updated to be next to it, like the shots above.

Back
Top Bottom