• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BF1 poor FPS on my 1080ti

Soldato
OP
Hmm..since changing to max performance, my average (value) in HWM is 3192mhz across all cores? is this speed normal for this setting??

Soldato
OP
Yes that's the stock boost on all the cores.

Thanks buddy, should that help you think? cant test BF1 atm, hopeful later though..

And the temps haven't risen since this change so far..all I need to do is go into the BIOS and change the Voltage, I cant believe its 1.4v at stock settings :eek::eek::eek:

Soldato
Thanks buddy, should that help you think? cant test BF1 atm, hopeful later though..

And the temps haven't risen since this change so far..all I need to do is go into the BIOS and change the Voltage, I cant believe its 1.4v at stock settings :eek::eek::eek:
It can't hurt. Make sure your CPU is running 100% utilisation and all cores are at 3200mhz when running a game or benchmark.
1.4v is that on auto? What temps to you get at full load? Have you tried overcooking the CPU?
Try running 3d mark fire strike see what score you get in that.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It can't hurt. Make sure your CPU is running 100% utilisation and all cores are at 3200mhz when running a game or benchmark.
1.4v is that on auto?
Try running 3d mark fire strike see what score you get in that.

Will try it out then man, and yeah, my max Volts on HWM was 1.400v

I will DL 3d mark tomorrow then, CBA dling 6gb atm tonight lol

Soldato
thanks, i will look into that, one quick question though..

if im running at 1.4v just now does that mean technically if i OC and leave the volts as they are, that the temps will still peak the same as they are just now? or am i talking bull?
If you manually set volts to 1.4 then temps should peak to roughly the same. If temps are too high the lower the volts to say 1.35 and see what multiplier it's stable at try x35 first for 3.5 GHz run stress test like Asus realbench see what temps max out at. If it passes up multiplier to 36 run benchmark again etc keep going until the benchmark fails then up the voltage to in 0.01 increments run benchmark monitor temps. Since and repeat till temps get too high or voltage is too high.

Soldato
I shall chime in

1080ti evga FE

1700 at 3.4ghz

Bf1 at ultra mutiplayer 64player = 120 fps avg at 1080p
On my intel 7700k it avg at 140fps so theres a small ryzen difference between the two. Most likely down to clock.

Soldato
I shall chime in

1080ti evga FE

1700 at 3.4ghz

Bf1 at ultra mutiplayer 64player = 120 fps avg at 1080p
On my intel 7700k it avg at 140fps so theres a small ryzen difference between the two. Most likely down to clock.

Have you tried with the 1700 over clocked to see what the gains are.

Caporegime
I don't get BF1, it's more or less BF4 graphics wise yet & 5760x1080 I get 120+ fps with everything on max, 100% resolution scale in BF4 yet the same settings is currently netting me 15-25 fps in BF1, if I crank resolution scale in BF4 to 150% it tanks to 45-55fps but looks stunning, if I try 150% in BF1 I'm down to single figures?

Even lowering general settings to low doesn't get me into 3figure fps in BF1, in BF4 I'm well past 200!

I've got an i7 4790 and 16Gb RAM and an Asus 1070 Turbo....

Soldato
I don't get BF1, it's more or less BF4 graphics wise yet & 5760x1080 I get 120+ fps with everything on max, 100% resolution scale in BF4 yet the same settings is currently netting me 15-25 fps in BF1, if I crank resolution scale in BF4 to 150% it tanks to 45-55fps but looks stunning, if I try 150% in BF1 I'm down to single figures?

Even lowering general settings to low doesn't get me into 3figure fps in BF1, in BF4 I'm well past 200!

I've got an i7 4790 and 16Gb RAM and an Asus 1070 Turbo....

I'm the same fella (only dfrom a AMD side obviously so don't wanna troll the thread)... this is what is doing my head in. BF4 at 5760x1080 maxed is 100+ fps... yet like you say same settings in BF1 around 40-50fps, but ZERO scaling for my crossfire becasue AMD can't be bothered supporting the cards I paid mega money for... so annoying as TBH, BF1 isn't really that much better in graphics... yet tbh runs like a dog whether on one card or multi card setups. Also like yourself, you can reduce the settings right down and it barely makes any difference to FPS.

Caporegime
I'm the same fella (only dfrom a AMD side obviously so don't wanna troll the thread)... this is what is doing my head in. BF4 at 5760x1080 maxed is 100+ fps... yet like you say same settings in BF1 around 40-50fps, but ZERO scaling for my crossfire becasue AMD can't be bothered supporting the cards I paid mega money for... so annoying as TBH, BF1 isn't really that much better in graphics... yet tbh runs like a dog whether on one card or multi card setups. Also like yourself, you can reduce the settings right down and it barely makes any difference to FPS.
Ah, that's actually quite reassuring to read! I was falling into the trap of wondering if it was my rig (doubtful given everything else flies along nicely) I was even pondering another 1070 for SLI (and hopefully 200% resolution scale!) although the current daft pricing of them is keeping that idea on ice.

I guess we have to hope for an update to fix it, previously it ran far better although not quite as well as BF4 which I guess is to be expected.

Thanks. :)

Soldato
Although I have spent a lot of money on this card, surely it will be relatively future proofed? Also if I decide to change to a 1440 / 4K monitor then I wont have any other hardware to change?

Even if it's only a 1080p monitor u can still use Nvidia DSR to render in 1440p and upwards.

Also your1080ti will serve you well should you get into VR. So not a waste at all :)

Soldato
OP
Hey guys,

A quick update...just done a full format after installing my new Gigabyte Gaming K3 X370 board, latest drivers etc..put BF1 on 1080p at medium settings (LOL) just as a base to play, and I was getting average 100-110 FPS :eek:

Temps were good considering my case.. GPU max = 68c - CPU max = 64c on a long 64 man server sesh..

a lot of hassle today so will investigate more on the setup tomorrow..

Soldato
What RAM are you using and at what speed and timings?
Is the 1080Ti in the top slot and have you tried forcing it to Gen 3.0 x16 in the BIOS?
1080Ti definitely has all power connectors hooked up?
Have you installed the latest chipset driver from AMD?
Try enabling High Performance power mode in Control Panel --> Power Options.
Have you monitored GPU usage and clocks using afterburner?

Back
Top Bottom