• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Associate
Total noob question here. I have Corsair LPX 3600 CMK16GX4M2B3600C18
How do I tell what RAM chips theyre using ? Thet seem quite happy at 3200 on the 1403 BIOS

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Well, I'm still stuck at 2T on the memory which is a shame, but have to say the system is so fast and stable at the moment that I'm less inclined to mess with it. I know I'm not 100% free of the memory training errors either but I've not seen an F9 code on boot for over a week. Overclock still doesn't recover properly from sleep but with ultrafast boot enabled the PC is usually into windows in under 10 seconds.

3.925ghz on CPU with RAM at 3333 14-14-14-32-54-312-2T

Soldato
Parts for my new Ryzen build slowly trickling in! Looking forward to getting it up and running, haven't had a desktop PC for years and interested on how the performance compares for day to day to my work's Surface Pro (i7 mobile)

Soldato
Built my first Ryzen rig today. 1600 with a Gigabyte x370 k3, updated bios and installed Windows ok, attempted to install graphics driver for a 970 and it keeps bluescreening with clock_watchdog_timeout as the error.

I've installed last chipset driver from AMD website (dated in April) and turned XMP on the memory to see if that was possibly causing it. Currently on with getting Windows fully upto date. Temps are well within what I'd consider getting too hot at 35c idle.

Anyone had this or any suggestions?

EDIT: Reading up online and it's possibly due to not having the latest version of Win 10 installed, letting it update to that before I reattempt to install the GPU.

Last edited:
Soldato
I still get the odd complete lockup. Screen goes black, pc still running, no display. Reboot. No display. Last time I had to unplug my GPU and reseat it. This usually happens when gaming or exiting a game. Latest drivers installed and latest BIOS.

Every black screen I have experienced in the past few weeks has been ram related.

Soldato
Looking at the 1600 but I would want to keep my costs down for now. I currently have Team Group Elite 8GB 2400 mhz RAM. Would this be okay to use? I'd be looking for a modest overclock. I understand that higher clocked RAM is a benefit.

Soldato
Every black screen I have experienced in the past few weeks has been ram related.

I know I shouldn't say this out loud, as it's usually the kiss of death - but not had a black screen in weeks.

Having lost job, have just had to leave it at "safe" oc's. Don't have time to muck about with it, as I need it working.

Soldato
Looking at the 1600 but I would want to keep my costs down for now. I currently have Team Group Elite 8GB 2400 mhz RAM. Would this be okay to use? I'd be looking for a modest overclock. I understand that higher clocked RAM is a benefit.

2400mhz will be easily attainable. However, your sticks are only binned for 2400mhz so a lot of factors come into play now.
The quality of the ram
The manufacturer of the ram, although at that speed I think that might be hynix.
The quality of the imc in the cpu
The motherboard and its bios.

Aim for 2400mhz and anything else is a bonus.

Soldato
I've been running at stock since the last lock up and that was 5 days ago. Kernal power error. But I haven't been gaming much either. So maybe the Asus overclocking utility is a bit poo and I am best off running at stock until they get a better BIOS.

Kernal power error is an overclock failure. CPU is the most likely culprit.

Back
Top Bottom