• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: ** The AMD VEGA Thread **

On or off the hype train?

• (off) Train has derailed

Votes: 207 39.2%
  • (on) Overcrowding, standing room only

Votes: 100 18.9%
  • (never ever got on) Chinese escalator

Votes: 221 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
was wondering.. if i was marketing a card that doesnt hold out against competition.. would rather highlight performance gains over my previous generation, something like vega vs furyx.. thats how any marketing manager will think

so, now, since amd is comparing vega with pascal -miracles can happen at siggraph - just sayin :D

Caporegime
I expected clock speeds to be higher, a 30Mhz OC is pretty pitiful. I guess that shoots down the rumours that the FE cards were playing it very safe. I'm not saying it won't be possible to OC to 1700Mhz and possibly beyond, but it gives an indication to the limitations of the die if this is the factory level.
How can the FE cards be playing it safe given their insane power draw. It was obvious the RX wouldn't be any different to the FE.

Caporegime
Thing is these kind of benchmarks do not tell the story of what the HBCC can do. They promise us in some scenarios 50% more minimum frames. That's defo something interesting.
HBCC does diddly squat as long as you have enough VRAM. It's main purpose is for HPC/compute taska with large datasets.

Permabanned
What are the FreeSync problems? I haven't had any issues yet in any games and I've had the FreeSync monitor for ages, looking at getting a FreeSync ultra wide monitor now. FreeSync has been pretty amazing for me, I would not go back.

And is the problem with amd or ubisoft/microsoft? I have had a lot of problems with ubisoft and MS!
Not tied to them at all. I'm running NoVideo on a Freesync monitor right now. The 144hz makes life better.

Same here, I'm running a 1060 with Fastsync on my Freesync Ultrawide and I'm perfectly happy at the moment, However if I'd payed the £200 premium for the equivalent G-sync monitor then I wouldn't want to use an AMD gpu, effectively tying me into the eco-system which is exactly what they want. Once commited you'll be at their mercy.

Caporegime
This 'Launch' just doesn't feel right to me, its too quiet, as reviewers would have had their cards long before now, as they'd be on putting the finishing touches to them, so they have them ready to go up on the 'Launch', in a couple or so days time at Siggraph, and we also havn't had the ;) thread yet from Gibbo, his ive got the cards in ready to go when their 'launched' in a couple or so days time at Siggraph.

I just don't think were going to see reviews, or actual cards in stock to buy, for weeks yet, Siggrarph will just be an unveil of the card, so we can actually see what it looks like, and thats it, nothing more, we're going to be no further forward, than we are now.

With Fiji the launch included completely fake benchmarks form AMD showing how it destroyed the 980ti and cured cancer in its spare time. Actual indepndnet reviews came over a week later. If volume supply is still not ready it could be a few weeks before there are reviews and then another month before there is a tickle of cards.

Soldato
amd or NVidia I really don't want to spend more than 450, would prefer amd for freesync so maybe something like a powercolor red devil overclocked medium vega might fit the bill

Soldato
If this is all true, I just can't fathom the whole "poor volta" thing. I mean that was a tremendously bold statement and it looks seriously embarrassing now

I said at the time, if you're going to go with that type of advertising, you'd better totally crush the competition, or you look stupid and that you lied to your customers.

Soldato
I said at the time, if you're going to go with that type of advertising, you'd better totally crush the competition, or you look stupid and that you lied to your customers.

It's spot on though. They said Poor Voltage, and tried to cover up the Voltage. Having seen how overvolted ad hot the Frontier Edition is; it all finally makes sense. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom