Asus laptop best bang-for-buck?

Associate
The missus wants a laptop (probably jealous of my new machine) :D She mainly be playing Overwatch, HOTS, WoW, which makes me think of going for a 1060 at least for Overwatch.

We're thinking of going Asus currently as we've only ever had good products from them.

Initial budget of £1000 can stretch up to £1300

Any suggestions of the best would be appreciated!

Also what's the general thoughts on screen size 15" vs 17" ?

Thanks

Associate
Okie doke, so first things first: make sure she's not jealous anymore hahah!

Now: Stick with ASUS! I've got the G752VS that my boyfriend got for me and it's absolutely wonderful XD. The sheer amount of joy I show while I unbox it should indicate something to you, so come check it out lol - https://youtu.be/HnOzlJU2xzA

However: It's probably outside your price range of £1300.

Although: If you're thinking of the 1060 for her, the G752VS has the 1070! (And a crap ton of RAM but that's a bonus, at least in the case of your missus ^^)

Last thing: I used to not really like the 17" screens. Felt weirdly disproportionate to me, and I don't like that. Now though, I've definitely gotten used to it. SO much so in fact that I have an attached monitor that's 27" XD.

Take away message: While we started the search and found acceptable laptops at around the £1300 price, when we took the plunge to see what else was there, we simply bit the bullet and went for what WE considered to be the best, and paid the corresponding price tag for it.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom