*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Well maybe if Sony actually made it easy for some of us to set up 2FA! I get this error:

"This email address is already associated with another Sony group service"

Apparently this is because my account is tied to other services which don't support 2FA so I can't enable it. I see three issues here:

1. There is no further information offered other than this error message
2. After searching for a solution myself, it appears I have to actually call Sony, I can't even email them to sort this out!
3. Having some services supporting 2FA and some not is pathetic.

I use 2FA wherever possible but I've never seen anyone make it as hard to set up or obscure as Sony. Well done you muppets.

Maybe create an alias email and use that for your PSN account?

Soldato
Maybe create an alias email and use that for your PSN account?

Their site/system is so hopeless that it's not clear what changing the email would do. I've seen people suggesting changing the email address on their Sony.co.uk account, as if this will magically unlink it from their PSN account, yet Sony's site itself states that any email change will alter all accounts.

Soldato

LawBreakers Open Beta begins 7/28 - PS4/PC

Hey. We know absolutely NO ONE wants to sit and wait for a game to download when they could be playing it. So, we’re doing you a solid by throwing LawBreakers up early before servers come online. Pre-Download will be coming online across the different regions and platforms over the next 24 hours. That way, once the beta opens you won’t be stuck clearing hard-drive space or whatever. We got you. Open beta access times below:.

Beta Begins: Friday July 28th - 7am PT / 10am ET / 4pm CEST / 12am AEST (Sat)
Beta Ends: Monday July 31st - 7am PT / 10am ET / 4pm CEST / 12am AEST (Sat)

Soldato
I have my ps4 pro connected straight to my TV and then HDMI ARC to my soundbar, question about sound formats, Im limited to using bitstream in this setup due to limitations over hdmi arc, so bitstream for me is better as I would just get stereo if I selected LCPM.

Anyone know what is better for games, DTS or Dolby Digital?, I do not use my ps4 for movies.

Soldato
I have the same setup but I use LCPM. The soundbar is basically stereo anyway but mine has virtual surround sound. I also use through ARC so I'm surprised you cannot select it.

Soldato
I have the same setup but I use LCPM. The soundbar is basically stereo anyway but mine has virtual surround sound. I also use through ARC so I'm surprised you cannot select it.

I can select it, just would rather use 5.1 where I can, my soundabar is a yamaha ysp2700 which has this virtual 7.1, so would rather avoid stereo, I will leave it on DTS.

Soldato
Is summer (if you can call it that) normally the worst time for big game releases, I was just thinking about games in general and of late nothing seems very interesting and Im quite bored of what's on offer, there does not seem to be anything on the horizon that everyone is excited about.
Some good racers are coming soon but is there anything else.
Is it just the time of year?

Soldato
Destiny 2, Uncharted: Lost Legacy, ME: Shadows of War, new Life is Strange, Assassins Creed Origins, Fortnight just came out.. loads of stuff :D

Just me then:D

I do need to finish the 1st life is strange the others on that list have not really grabbed my attention, I thought I would be looking forward to Uncharted but for some reason I'm not, Im sure it will be great.

Back
Top Bottom