US: The Orville

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Anyone else watched it? Having watched the trailer I felt the funniest parts were in there so they did not make me laugh as much. The humour was a little cheesy at times. Liked the CGI.

Hard to say whether it will be a must watch or a cheese fest just yet. Will watch the first season and see how it goes. The potential is certainly there.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Confusing. I thought the show as pitched to us was supposed to be the spoof of all trekky things but this thing seems.. just... Babylon 5. A little lighter Star Trek, but not a spoof, not a mock, not a laugh every 3 minutes TV show. Just a straight forward cheesy space opera?

Caporegime
It wasn't awful, but it wasn't great either. It's not sure what it wants to be and Seth isn't sure what he wants it to be either. Is it a comedy? Sometimes I think is the best answer. Is it a homage to Trek? Sometimes as well. If Seth can work out where he wants to take it and in which direction it's going then it could be good. At the moment it's sort of in between and so is relatively directionless and unsure.

Soldato
Kinda hard to give an opinion since all the funny bits were in the trailer.
Guess we'll see next episode with all new material.

Still.... well made, kinda charming, and I'm a big fan of Seth. Let's see where it goes. :)

Soldato
The critics who have reviewed the first three episodes have ripped it to shreds. Unless a lot of people watch it, I'd be surprised if it makes it to the end of the first series, let alone get a second one.

Caporegime
The critics who have reviewed the first three episodes have ripped it to shreds. Unless a lot of people watch it, I'd be surprised if it makes it to the end of the first series, let alone get a second one.
Some critics have a major beef against some people and against some types of films. Some critics also wouldn't know a good thing if it bit them on the arse and get by writing good articles, not good opinions.

Soldato
Some critics have a major beef against some people and against some types of films. Some critics also wouldn't know a good thing if it bit them on the arse and get by writing good articles, not good opinions.

Well I just went by the top half-dozen that came up on Google, and they pretty much all say that Orville has big issues.

Back
Top Bottom