new build with 1300 budget help please

Soldato
Does he like blue? Spotted a good deal on a Source 340 Elite Black/Blue case and built the rest around it.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,300.94
(includes shipping: £14.10)

Discount code for GPU:
GBT1070

Was thinking you could use the 2 x 120mm case fans between front panel and radiator, and put the 2 x 120mm blue led Antec fans on top and rear. If you don't mind a possible couple degrees difference. The cooler is good and has blue leds on the pump block. You could have the worst fans in the world on that cooler and it wouldn't be a problem with a 1600X anyway. Of course, if OcUK don't have AM4 mounting to add to the basket (I looked but couldn't find any), then it's not feasible unless you ask Antec in advance (I don't think it works like that, think you need proof of purchase first). You may have seen the Antec rep on the forum (Ace Modder) so he could be someone to ask as well.

Motherboard and GPU have some RGB functionality.

RAM is out of stock but OcUK are usually pretty quick to get TeamGroup back into stock unless it's EOL or something. So you'd have to ask.

Soldato
^^^^ as above but

Total: £312.48
(includes shipping: £10.50)

saves £50 - board can handle 3200hz kit just fine as well although isn't as flashy as the Strix branding - have Gigabte reps on the forum for Both GPU and CPU aswell if needs be but OCUK CS is second to none

if your after more saving

Total: £271.48
(includes shipping: £10.50)

4 cores 8 thread - the 1500X version just has higher cashe then 1400 version - but to be honest, stick with the 1600 Ryzen 5 :D

Associate
If he likes his racing why not get the PC and rift deal for £999?

Can't beat VR for racing, it's bloody brilliant. With that budget you could even up the spec in config for a better GPU and ssd.

Or get a Ryzen build for £900 and the £399 rift deal...

Back
Top Bottom