Project; Turbo GSXR Slingshot

Associate
OP
Bit busy but got the cams in and valve clearances checked and the cams dialed in.

Plenty of loctite 270 on the sprocket bolts this time!

Put everythin else back on and its running again.
Will book some dyno time tomorrow.

Associate
OP
So not got round to booking the dyno, lack of spare cash is the problem!

I have done about 20 miles on it over a couple runs out, revs hang at about 3k rpm so pulled the data off the logger and it was running lean, upped the fuel in that area and tried again and it still does it but a little higher rpm.

Got back and plugged the laptop in and its reading about 8.5 lambda when its hanging now.

Still does the same running closed loop with corrections so I'm guessing it must be butterfly or air bypass related.

Coolant temps are good though, actually have to wait for it to warm up now rather than needing to get moving quick to keep it cool so I'm happy with that.

The swing arm is currently the catch can for the breather and there was a fair bit of oil in it, the clutch cover breather doesn't have a lot of height on it now so I put a baffle over the opening to see it it helps.

Only a couple of spots came out after my runs out so I'll see how it fairs on the dyno.

Don't think there's much I can do now without an expert and a dyno so it's back waiting again.

Associate
OP
Taken its time but its getting there, its all work at the minute but I'm hoping for an easy week soon.

Just impulse bought a gas gas trials bike though. Been keeping an eye out for a year or so and this came up, same town as me and the right price but its killed some spare cash for the dyno!

Associate
OP
Today was dyno day!

Xd2ibIw.jpg

Good few hours really with good progress.
Nothing really fell off and its running much better.
Dan sorted its hanging at 3k rpm on closed throttle with some throttle adjustments and fuel map changes and it sounds better on idle for it too.

Peak power was 194bhp which is about the same as last time but its a much smoother delivery now and its jerking and spluttering has stopped.
Seems a little low but there's injection and ignition timing to play with so that will probably come up with more dyno time.

The cush hub has started touching the swing arm though so I need to look into that and see whats going on, it was close before so something has moved.

Got a vid to upload but its very muffled with wind noise.

Associate
OP
Yesterday was a massive step forward in getting it rideable, the cush hub breaking is just another one of those issues that come with a build like this.

The run in the vid scared the life out of me, didn't realise the quickshifter was so violent!

Associate
OP
Few more alterations before its MOT in the morning, moved the oil cooler now the headers are slimmer.

20170812_183053.jpg

Also fitted a temporary expansion tank now the oil cooler isn't under the seat. Will make up a smaller one soon and also a catch can for the breathers.

20170812_183101.jpg

Got a meet this weekend so will hopefully get some road miles on it.

Associate
OP
Passed its mot earlier, taxed it after and took some main roads back.

Runs much nicer than before and its much smoother at slower speeds, fairly smooth once the boost kicks in and pretty quick as well!

IC3

IC3

Soldato
The final bit by my leg has a stainless shield but I may wrap it if it gets too hot, its not that bad though.
I'm really sensitive when I see exposed exhaust now, trauma much lol. Next bike will have an undertail exhaust or I'll get all the shields I can for it.

Associate
OP
Understandable after your little mishap!

The up pipe sticks out further than the fairing so I may make a cover for it when the fairing lowers go on to tidy it up.

Certainly wouldn't want my leg under that with a bike on top of it....

Back
Top Bottom