What RAM are you getting/bought for Ryzen

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Web dev (inc Visual Studio, databases, Android emulation, Photoshop) and video production (After Effects and Premiere Pro) mostly with some gaming thrown in. I'm finding I need to run VM's more and more, and a 4770k with 4 cores just isn't cutting it any more.

Soldato
F6 mate and none just xmp mode, did you get your board sorted after?
Rma replacement arriving Monday all being well :)

I'll have to give the f6 a try. Take it that's the official one from the support download page. Think I was running f6f beta or something like that and could only manage 2933 stable on xmp.

Associate
Rma replacement arriving Monday all being well :)

I'll have to give the f6 a try. Take it that's the official one from the support download page. Think I was running f6f beta or something like that and could only manage 2933 stable on xmp.
Yeah, the official one :)

Soldato
Thought I may as well post this in here too, I did a CB run for the ThreadRipper thread yesterday evening to show the different clock speeds being listed on my 1700 OC, it also shows my memory at 3500 with nice timings :)

AMD_Ryzen_1700_-_3500_CB1727_Score.png

Soldato
Yeah, the official one :)
Got the rma replacement board fitted and all the watrrcooling hooked up again and apart from the holy grail of getting my ram to 3200 all seems good. Setting xmp was causing bootloops so dropped it back to xmp @ 2933 and been gaming for a solid couple of hours without a blip.

Think I'll leave it like that for a few days before I try and explore getting any sort of oc on the go or ram up to its rated.

What I have noticed is everything is fast and fluid as can be (I was coming from an i5 750!) even more so than the first time round so I'm guessing there was summat up with that board from the get go.

This might seem like nothing to those already running a ryzen or those that were on more up to date cpus but the difference in this and my old rig is actually frightening. For example Alt tabbing from games etc is utterly seamless where as before it was a chore and could often cause a crash or lock up.

I'll not tempt fate further but very very happy thus far.

Associate
Got the rma replacement board fitted and all the watrrcooling hooked up again and apart from the holy grail of getting my ram to 3200 all seems good. Setting xmp was causing bootloops so dropped it back to xmp @ 2933 and been gaming for a solid couple of hours without a blip.

Think I'll leave it like that for a few days before I try and explore getting any sort of oc on the go or ram up to its rated.

What I have noticed is everything is fast and fluid as can be (I was coming from an i5 750!) even more so than the first time round so I'm guessing there was summat up with that board from the get go.

This might seem like nothing to those already running a ryzen or those that were on more up to date cpus but the difference in this and my old rig is actually frightening. For example Alt tabbing from games etc is utterly seamless where as before it was a chore and could often cause a crash or lock up.

I'll not tempt fate further but very very happy thus far.
Nice mate :) What you clocking the cpu to? on mine i had to just keep going through the failed boots it would default back to default maybe 3/4 times then it would take on the 5th on xmp

Soldato
Picked up 2 x 8GB of G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz (CL17-18-18-38) to put into my MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon to see if I could get higher than 2933Mhz. Unfortunately I can do 3066 using stock DRAM volts (1.35v) and timings but nothing higher, simply won't boot. Bit disappointing, optimistic that a future BIOS update will resolve that.

Associate
Picked up 2 x 8GB of G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz (CL17-18-18-38) to put into my MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon to see if I could get higher than 2933Mhz. Unfortunately I can do 3066 using stock DRAM volts (1.35v) and timings but nothing higher, simply won't boot. Bit disappointing, optimistic that a future BIOS update will resolve that.

bump up the dram volts. most of us are in the 1.4 - 1.45v range.

Soldato
Nice mate :) What you clocking the cpu to? on mine i had to just keep going through the failed boots it would default back to default maybe 3/4 times then it would take on the 5th on xmp
No idea yet where I'll get but going to try for 3.8 or so. Current temps under water are showing about 34c after an hour or so of gaming so I'm quietly confident.

Back
Top Bottom