Phanteks Evolv SHIFT / SHIFT X - ITX Motherboard Tower Cases

Associate
Nice case as I'm looking to go to a mini-ITX from a micro-ATX. Not a fan of window case or RGB LEDs to show off. But I think the tempered glass panel adds texture to the overall appearance and I can always disable the LEDs.

I feel a lack of a headphone jack port on the case is very disconcerting as I find it really annoying having to constantly swap between my headphone and speakers on the motherboard's IO audio jack.

Associate
OP
Nice case as I'm looking to go to a mini-ITX from a micro-ATX. Not a fan of window case or RGB LEDs to show off. But I think the tempered glass panel adds texture to the overall appearance and I can always disable the LEDs.

I feel a lack of a headphone jack port on the case is very disconcerting as I find it really annoying having to constantly swap between my headphone and speakers on the motherboard's IO audio jack.

Maybe wait for the Silverstone SG14 New ITX Tower ,Should hear something soon.

silverstone-sugo-sg14-top_slideshow_main.jpg

This silverstone SG14 Got Headphone & Mic built into case , But they not far from the Audio Outs
of the i.o Shield anyhow .

Last edited:
Associate

Maybe there is a way to route headphone cable from the motherboard directly as all outputs are on top of the case (easily accessible).

Associate
Maybe wait for the Silverstone SG14 New ITX Tower ,Should hear something soon.

This silverstone SG14 Got Headphone & Mic built into case , But they not far from the Audio Outs
of the i.o Shield anyhow .

The case seems a bulky to my eyes without knowing the actual measurements. No problem with regards to Silverstone managing to get their headphone and mic into the case. Shame Phantek hasn't used this approach for the Shift.

Maybe there is a way to route headphone cable from the motherboard directly as all outputs are on top of the case (easily accessible).

I hope so. If not then I guess I'd have to purchase a set of speakers with an USB connection.

Associate
Does OCUK have a date when this'll land? I refuse to sink £150 into a pre order that'll not arrive until xmas.. at least with amazon they don't take the money until available.

Associate
I like the look of the Shift. Having watched a few video reviews it seems that there could be a few limitations, if you have a long card you'll need to stick to a SFX PSU and as Phantek recommend the video card back plate faces the window for better cooling you'll most likely need a blower style card.

Associate
Man, these cases are gorgeous. I've still got my Silverstone FT03 from my first ever build and these are really reminding me of their aesthetic (small footprint but tall), but executed in a much more attractive modern style. Gonna have to wait for pay day though before ordering.

Back
Top Bottom