Need Advice for a New Gaming Monitor 75hz or 144hz

Associate
Hey Folks as the title says looking for some advice im upgrading my PC in a month or so for the Upcoming game Release's :)

Im currently using a 20" Monitor with a 1680x1050 Resolution, 5 ms response time and 60hz refresh rate does well for the now but dont see the point spending 1 grand on upgrading to stick with the same Monitor.

I Dont see many triple screen setups anymore and always been my dream to have 1 :/ Im liking the look of these Curved Monitors how do they play with FPS/Simulation gaming?

Also is it worth getting 1 with a 144hz Refresh rate and 1ms Response time will i see a Difference the main games im going to be playing are Destiny 2 and COD WW2 :)

In case your wondering gonna be running Either SLI GTX 970's if my mate decides i can buy 1 of his or something like a RX 580 Budget is around 300 pounds more would like to know how these new Monitors work with Fast pace games with people that have first hand experience any help is much appreciated?

Last edited:
Soldato
If you get the Radeon, get a Freesync monitor; if you get the GTX 970s, get a GSync monitor. With the latter you should be able to run 4K. I dislike curved monitors as they can't be turned into portrait mode.

For £300, you're pretty much limited to 1080p Freesync monitors at 144 Hz.

Soldato
Maybe I misread your OP and £300 is your GPU budget. Know that later this year will see the introduction of 4K 144 Hz GSync monitors. They'll be priced at around £2K initially, but I expect they'll come down in price quite rapidly, as will Freesync versions. You'll need a GPU with DP 1.3 or 1.4 to take advantage of the high refresh rates.

Associate
OP
Looking at getting this Monitor i know i cant link it due to the Rules but here's the Product code

G2730HSU-B1

Its currently going for around the £190 mark and with a 1ms Response time, 75hz Refresh rate and AMD Freesync seems like a lot of Monitor for the money also really like the Thin Bezel so if later don the line i get another 1 will look great together.

Am i right in thinking that as this Monitor is 75hz if my game runs at 75-FPS it is synced with my Gpu through Freesync i will be getting a RX VEGA 56 btw so the need for a 144hz monitor is irrelevant unless you can produce a 144-FPS frame rate so better of saving 100 pounds towards my Graphics card?

Soldato
You might want to hold off until Vega is actually reviewed and also because it looks like there are going to be launch packages which will give discounts on monitors.

And for me, 27" is too large for 1080p.

Associate
OP
Yea Gonna wait for the Aftermarket Cards Anyway and think 1080p is good at all sizes tbh want to get a Solid 60fps in all games for the next few years dont think 144hz is worth it do you?

Associate
OP
Bump

Am i right in thinking that as this Monitor is 75hz if my game runs at 75-FPS it is synced with my Gpu through Freesync i will be getting a RX VEGA 56 btw so the need for a 144hz monitor is irrelevant unless you can produce a 144-FPS frame rate so better of saving 100 pounds towards my Graphics card?

Back
Top Bottom