What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
After some disassembly I discovered that the scuttle, floor, and one rear arch were rotten too.

It was leaking oil and coolant, and burning so much oil that the engine was spluttering because the bores kept having oil dumped in them.

Soldato
hFe.jpg

hFJ.jpg

Just some new alloys to keep my self entertained :)

Soldato
I think they look cracking. I'd maybe put BMW centre caps on there, but they suit the car nicely I think. Fantastic looking car in general :)

I'm off to Toyota this afternoon to get a repair estimate to be sent to insurance. Really hoping it gets approved as I'd like the work to be done by a main dealer - car isn't even out of warranty yet.

I've calmed down a little now and am trying to see the positive side. The bumper had lots of stone chips and was looking a bit tired, and the lower lip had a couple of scrapes on the underside from high kerb interactions, so at least I'll have a nice new paint job. And after doing some reading around, apparently it's quite easy to remove the ugly black number plate mount, so I might do that and attach a new plate directly to the bumper - it looks much cleaner that way. At the moment I'm just worried about the possibility of poor workmanship :(

Last edited:
Soldato
I think they look cracking. I'd maybe put BMW centre caps on there, but they suit the car nicely I think. Fantastic looking car in general :)

I'm off to Toyota this afternoon to get a repair estimate to be sent to insurance. Really hoping it gets approved as I'd like the work to be done by a main dealer - car isn't even out of warranty yet.

I've calmed down a little now and am trying to see the positive side. The bumper had lots of stone chips and was looking a bit tired, and the lower lip had a couple of scrapes on the underside from high kerb interactions, so at least I'll have a nice new paint job. And after doing some reading around, apparently it's quite easy to remove the ugly black number plate mount, so I might do that and attach a new plate directly to the bumper - it looks much cleaner that way. At the moment I'm just worried about the possibility of poor workmanship :(

Thanks! I like them too. BMW caps are coming, just need to find some gel ones.. struggling.

Do keep us updated.. I wonder how much damage that caused. I wouldn't be surprised if there's more behind the panels. Especially front bumper as the plastic just pops back in shape and often hides the damage behind.

Back
Top Bottom