In ear head phones for gym use

Soldato
Hi,

I'm looking to replace the apple head phones I've been using for the gym as the sound isnt any good and I'm constantly having to reseat them in my ear.

I'm not a massive audiophile, I use Hyper X 1's for gaming and they are more than satisfying for me so not really looking to spend any more than £25 but the cheaper the better as they will only end up in the washing machine.

I'm mainly looking for an improvement in sound quality over standard apple headphones and comfort, something that will sit in my ear and not move and also blank out the sound of the terrible music they play in the gym which they have on really loud and I can hear though my headphones

Any thoughts? My mate saaid something about 8320's and they are only £8 but seems very cheap? My Brother said Sennheiser HD something or others for about £25 but he cant remember what model and has since lost them?

Thanks

Bes

Bes

Soldato
I have some plantronics Backbeat Fit headphones for the gym/ running. Bluetooth which is fantastic and they stay in really well, which is something that has always been an issue for me. Definitely recommend.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Ah yes sorry I forgot about the £25 requirement. They are £69.99 on Amazon. I think they are excellent for the money and if you can stretch your budget FWIW - sound quality is very decent - certainly good enough for when I am sweating my proverbials off in the gym/ park

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Hi, I tried a few and thought the in ear Bluetooth ones were the best for the gym.

I use the taotronics available on amazon for 20 quid. They are not a great improvement in sound quality but the range and battery are impressive for the gym. I leave my phone in my jacket on the other side of the (small) gym and it doesn't cut out. They are also comfortable and don't fall out and do a good job of blocking the gym sound system. I actually use them mainly for podcasts (talking) and they still block the gyms dance music out.

I suspect that for your budget you either ought go for something like that, and enjoy the convenience factor, or if you want a perceived difference in sound save up a little more.

Soldato
If you can raise your budget slightly I can highly recommend the MEE M6 Pros ... About 32-36

I use them for running etc and not only very comfortable they also sound superb

Soldato
OP
Thanks chaps I will have a look at both suggestions, need to order something on payday

Im a bit wary of wireless at the moment because knowing me I'll forget to charge them and end up with no music at the gym which is a grim thought

Man of Honour
Mpow Swift Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Earphones.

Perfect for the gym and sound much better than their £14 price tag. Mine lasted about 2 years before my house mate stood on them :rolleyes:

Soldato
I use Soundmagic E10's for the gym. The quality is good enough for me in that environment and don't have trouble with them falling out. I don't have experience of the others mentioned though.

Associate
If you want your headphones to stay in, you can get foam tip replacements for most brands from http://www.complyfoam.com (although not for Apple due to the shape). They squash down like an ear plug and expand into your ear canal for a snug fit. Not cheap at £15 for 3 pairs, but they last for months and will never fall out of your ear. They also offer very good sound isolation and improve bass response.

Back
Top Bottom