Aorus Owner's Lounge

Soldato
I actually had a dream last night where I got my X7 and it had a detachable wooden keyboard.....

I think the stress and anxiety of whether or not I take the plunge and get one, is getting to me.... lol

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I actually had a dream last night where I got my X7 and it had a detachable wooden keyboard.....

I think the stress and anxiety of whether or not I take the plunge and get one, is getting to me.... lol

Hey OCdude !

Will feed this back to R&D,,,, maybe some mileage in this innovative idea !

We wont share some of the dreams/nightmares we have been having since being in Vegas for CES, but safe to say "detachable wooden keyboards" has certainly brightened our day !

Thanks for sharing this, and sorry to be part of stress and anxiety creation for you ! Not part of our brand mission.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Soldato
Hey OCdude !

Will feed this back to R&D,,,, maybe some mileage in this innovative idea !

We wont share some of the dreams/nightmares we have been having since being in Vegas for CES, but safe to say "detachable wooden keyboards" has certainly brightened our day !

Thanks for sharing this, and sorry to be part of stress and anxiety creation for you ! Not part of our brand mission.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Ha, well in the dream it actually had good tactile feedback, so maybe it's worth considering for the v8!

Hopefully the dream wasn't an omen for any possible keyboard issues on my 'potential' future X7 DT !

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Any eta on the x7 dt v7 or the x7 v7?

Date wise?

Ive heard reports the x7 dt has a 265w psu can you confirm if the Uk version is the same.

Thanks

Hi Therealjoe,

We expect update on numbers shipping on Monday - so we should see some stock on shelf at OcUK late next week, or Monday 7th August - same applies to X7 V7 and X7 DT V7 models.
Regarding the PSU - X7 has a 230W adapter and the X7 DT has a 250W - this is the same globally, there are not regional variations. The X7 DTs' 250W version has USB charging point and is slim design.

X0fsElX.jpg

We also use much slimmer and smaller version for the 150W adaptor supplied with AORUS X3, AERO14 and AERO15. A tidy little feature we think.

Hope that clarifies for you.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
My internal little database of machines I've tested personally has the X5 MD sitting at 15049 points in Fire Strike with the 381.71 driver - definitely higher than the X5 v7 with the GTX 1070 scores, and your rather low score.

I'm having trouble finding 381.71 after extensive searching - is that a typo, and if not, where can I get it from?

I didn't know about the Nvidia power managemnt setting though. I'm now getting 14211 on version 384.94 after turning that on (full CPU and CPU overclock in C&C), followed by 13962 with fans set to maximum. Trying the other driver versions I can find now...

EDIT -

With drivers 382.30 downloaded from http://resources.aorus.com/Product/Download/X5 MD , I get 13968. I wonder if perhaps 381.71 is a pre-production / internal driver with a different vBIOS?

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I got my x5 MD in the mail just the other day. Using the graphics drivers that came installed on it, I got a Fire Strike Score of 14,560. After updating to the newest drivers from Nvidia though, my scored lowered to around ~138XX's. I'm hoping that it's something to do with MaxQ being new and still needing some driver tweaking, and that its not a limitation of the 200 watt PSU throttling the performance. That said though, I love everything else about this laptop. Performance is still really great, and it stays quiet even while under load. I have no problem playing games without the need for headphones which is the reason that I picked the MD over the standard v7. I knew that I would be trading some performance for a quieter laptop and for me at least, that's a trade I wanted to make.

Hi mrhumbility - thanks for your feedback.

Think you "should" use the latest drivers provided from us, sometime the NVidia drivers aren't 100% tuned to each manufacturers machines, so we always advise to download from AORUS, although we accept people will always "try" other versions.

Glad you generally like the machine and 100% your purchasing decision was completely in line with the products aim - ie great performance but with improved thermal and noise production.

As a "ball park" figure, although not set in stone the performance of the GPU should be 8-10% improved over a GTX1070, but obviously shy of the full fat GTX1080.

Thanks again for your feedback,

Regards,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I'm having trouble finding 381.71 after extensive searching - is that a typo, and if not, where can I get it from?

I didn't know about the Nvidia power managemnt setting though. I'm now getting 14211 on version 384.94 after turning that on (full CPU and CPU overclock in C&C), followed by 13962 with fans set to maximum. Trying the other driver versions I can find now...

EDIT -

With drivers 382.30 downloaded from http://resources.aorus.com/Product/Download/X5 MD , I get 13968. I wonder if perhaps 381.71 is a pre-production / internal driver with a different vBIOS?

Hi matzie - Mean Machine probably wont be able to advise further until Monday as he is based in Taipei and left for the weekend now. We have forwarded your post to him, so he "could" possibly see over the weekend, but we expect he wont.

Keep us updated,

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
M
Hi Therealjoe,

We expect update on numbers shipping on Monday - so we should see some stock on shelf at OcUK late next week, or Monday 7th August - same applies to X7 V7 and X7 DT V7 models.
Regarding the PSU - X7 has a 230W adapter and the X7 DT has a 250W - this is the same globally, there are not regional variations. The X7 DTs' 250W version has USB charging point and is slim design.

X0fsElX.jpg

We also use much slimmer and smaller version for the 150W adaptor supplied with AORUS X3, AERO14 and AERO15. A tidy little feature we think.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Thanks for clearing that up.

I think I'll put an order in for the X7 DT model since its shipping out monday.

I had the X7 V7 on order but since its taking a while to get here I fancied more power. A 250watt psu is a nice addition.

Joe

Associate
As a "ball park" figure, although not set in stone the performance of the GPU should be 8-10% improved over a GTX1070, but obviously shy of the full fat GTX1080.

Team AORUS

Hi matzie - Mean Machine probably wont be able to advise further until Monday as he is based in Taipei and left for the weekend now.

Thanks for that Atom80. I'd be happy with 8-10% above 1070 and that's what I expected (well MM did say 10-15%, but...) and if there's a driver that'll get me there I'm ok with that. Over the weekend I'm going to restore to factory config from the recovery partition, and test again, although I'm pretty sure I was getting mid 13k numbers on my first out-of-box test. In every other respect I'm happy though. Cheers.

Associate
Hi Therealjoe,

X0fsElX.jpg

Regards,

Team AORUS

I'm really liking the adapter. Mine says 265W max. Does that mean the adapter can supply that to the laptop or is the 10W reserved for the USB only? Multiplying the other numbers on my adapter, the wattage comes out to 255W.

Do you also know if this unit has built in power limits and if Aorus will be supplying vbios to push it further? I know with the v6, the battery would slowly drain if you went past the capacity of the adapter. Some people found that to be a bad thing, but I actually liked it since I was able to OC the laptop more. It would be good to have a choice - I just wanted to know if it was possible.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
M

Thanks for clearing that up.

I think I'll put an order in for the X7 DT model since its shipping out monday.

I had the X7 V7 on order but since its taking a while to get here I fancied more power. A 250watt psu is a nice addition.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for this - was it the power rating or the USB charging point that swung it ?!?

We will update on Monday when we have more shipping details from factory on which models are going to land.

Regards,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Thanks for that Atom80. I'd be happy with 8-10% above 1070 and that's what I expected (well MM did say 10-15%, but...) and if there's a driver that'll get me there I'm ok with that. Over the weekend I'm going to restore to factory config from the recovery partition, and test again, although I'm pretty sure I was getting mid 13k numbers on my first out-of-box test. In every other respect I'm happy though. Cheers.

OK, keep us updated and I am sure Mean Machine will be able to provide more tech support if required.

Have a good weekend,

Regards

Atom80

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I'm really liking the adapter. Mine says 265W max. Does that mean the adapter can supply that to the laptop or is the 10W reserved for the USB only? Multiplying the other numbers on my adapter, the wattage comes out to 255W.

Do you also know if this unit has built in power limits and if Aorus will be supplying vbios to push it further? I know with the v6, the battery would slowly drain if you went past the capacity of the adapter. Some people found that to be a bad thing, but I actually liked it since I was able to OC the laptop more. It would be good to have a choice - I just wanted to know if it was possible.

Hi Derek712 - sorry, which AORUS model do you have?

We have forwarded your Q to Product Management, we expect reply on Monday, we just wanted to confirm which AORUS unit (and therefore Adapter) you have....

Thanks and have a good weekend,

Regards,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep

Ahh, we just tracked back - you are in USA, so maybe you have been one of the first to get the X7 DT V7,,,, guess that's correct?

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi Joe,

Thanks for this - was it the power rating or the USB charging point that swung it ?!?

We will update on Monday when we have more shipping details from factory on which models are going to land.

Regards,

Team AORUS

The power rating. I read reports that the 230watt model wasnt enough for the 1080 card. Im glad Aorus have adressed this on the v7.

I look forward to testing it out once you get them to us.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom