Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
I have hundreds of dyno runs on 2 HDs from when I used to work for a company, all old school stuff gsx1100s fzr1000s e.t.c another outfit tried to persuade me into giving the runs to them lol interesting times back then in the dyno room and no health and safety :D

Soldato
There was a new article about how budget petrol is actually ripping you off in lost milage over a year. I can tell the difference between premuim and budget on mine. Engine is a lot happier with premuim and even idles higher

Soldato
I'm pretty sure i can get another way on my commute, which is about 12 miles with better fuel. Though i get more pops and bangs, so suggests my bike doesn't actually run efficiently with it.

Man of Honour
There was a new article about how budget petrol is actually ripping you off in lost milage over a year. I can tell the difference between premuim and budget on mine. Engine is a lot happier with premuim and even idles higher

It depends on the bike. I ran 5 tanks of premium fuel through the Tuono V4 and the mpg change if it was there was insignificant.

My Street Triple ran hot and returned poor mpg on that cheap crap French fuel with ethanol though.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Is the Tuono a complete write off, or did you ride the street when you hugged the tractor?

Last edited:
Soldato
Got some furygan leather trousers to complete my 2 peice leathers for the Alps trip, wore them in the commute today to bed then in a little, there's always one little bit that digs in somewhere...

The only problem I have is that my calves are skinny so they're loose around there and I have to put my boots very tight to clamp onto the leathers.

Soldato
Eyeing up a Honda grom or maybe a drz400 to use for work, something small to keep the miles off the s1000r.

Forget the drz, 935mm seat height, that's crazy, the Nuda was 870 and too high for anyone under 6'.

Soldato
Often a skinny seat like you'll get on a fez can make up for the taller height as your legs aren't quite as spread apart :p

I imagine a grom would annoy the hell out of you after the first test ride.

Soldato
Eyeing up a Honda grom or maybe a drz400 to use for work, something small to keep the miles off the s1000r.

Forget the drz, 935mm seat height, that's crazy, the Nuda was 870 and too high for anyone under 6'.

Why? Bike's there to be used :)

These people who have a 10 year old bike with 2k miles in their garage annoy me :p

If you're worried about rust through winter, just get a big 5L thing of FS365 and spray before and after (once cool) every ride.

Back
Top Bottom