The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Soldato
Bit of an update to my watched list.

Kantai Collection (Kancolle) (Waiting for season 2 and film) Also been playing the game for 22 months now
Girls und Panzer (Completed Inc Film)
Fate Zero
Fate Stay night
God Eaters
Black Lagoon
GATE (Waiting for season 3)
Erased
Re:Zero
Canaan
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga (s)hitai
Konsuba (Completed)
Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta
Konosuba Season 2
The Flying witch
Fuuka
New game
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
Masamune-Kun's Revenge
Ghost in the shell stand alone complex
Miss Kobayashis dragon maid
Saga of Tanya the evil
A certain magical Index
A certain scientific Railgun
A certain scientific Railgun 2

Watching:

Akashic Records of ******* Magical Instructor
Clockwork Planet
Worldend: what do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us (aka Sukasuka)
A certain magical Index 2

Associate
just manage to have a bit of marathon binge watch and power through to watch load anime :)

Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records
Renai Boukun
Seikaisuru Kado
Clockwork Planet
Eromanga-sensei
ID-0
Youjo Senki
Granblue Fantasy The Animation
Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine
Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism

Caporegime
Mononoke Hime.

Can't believe it's taken me so long to get around to watching this Miyazaki classic.

The art style is classic Ghibli: fluid movement, realistic proportions, a strong moral component and the traditional clash between noble protagonists and immoral antagonists..

That said, it's also pretty dark. Mononoke Hime revels in scenes of wanton violence, involving severed limbs, decapitated heads, copious amounts of blood, and that old Japanese favourite, the orifice-probing tentacle. :eek:

Perhaps the boldest aspect of the story is its lack of a clear victory for the hero. Resolution is achieved, but it comes at a terrible cost.

The most powerful character—a nature god—is presented as benevolent, yet seems almost indifferent to the plight of the forest creatures that worship him.

His goals are clear, but his methods are harsh. He shows no interest in evening the score between oppressor and oppressed; he simply seeks to restore the balance, without any regard for the price that others will pay. There is no sense of fairness here. The deer god is an wild spirit; an animist's god from the ancient times. He does not issue judgement; he simply does what needs to be done. 'Justice' is a luxury for the gods of theists.

This haunting tale of two young hearts trapped in a world gone mad will linger long after you've turned off the TV.

I rate Mononoke Hime at 29.97, which works out as an orifice-probing 9/10 on IMDB.

Associate
Mononoke Hime.

Can't believe it's taken me so long to get around to watching this Miyazaki classic.

The art style is classic Ghibli: fluid movement, realistic proportions, a strong moral component and the traditional clash between noble protagonists and immoral antagonists..

That said, it's also pretty dark. Mononoke Hime revels in scenes of wanton violence, involving severed limbs, decapitated heads, copious amounts of blood, and that old Japanese favourite, the orifice-probing tentacle. :eek:

Perhaps the boldest aspect of the story is its lack of a clear victory for the hero. Resolution is achieved, but it comes at a terrible cost.

The most powerful character—a nature god—is presented as benevolent, yet seems almost indifferent to the plight of the forest creatures that worship him.

His goals are clear, but his methods are harsh. He shows no interest in evening the score between oppressor and oppressed; he simply seeks to restore the balance, without any regard for the price that others will pay. There is no sense of fairness here. The deer god is an wild spirit; an animist's god from the ancient times. He does not issue judgement; he simply does what needs to be done. 'Justice' is a luxury for the gods of theists.

This haunting tale of two young hearts trapped in a world gone mad will linger long after you've turned off the TV.

I rate Mononoke Hime at 29.97, which works out as an orifice-probing 9/10 on IMDB.

I remember watching it and few other miyazaki classic years ago on either channel 4 later or scifi channel back in 90's it was very good. I'm going to have to get around to watching so more of the miyazaki classic at some point, as I've bought the " the hayao maiyazaki collection" on blu-ray when it came out. so far I've only manage to watch "the wind rises".

Soldato
Once again casting about for something decent to watch, yet nothing catches my eye. The industry feels a touch tired on the churn this year. Might just cave in and start on Prince of Tennis or some such numbing substance.

Back
Top Bottom