Best Lens Inserts For Rift?

Soldato
I need a set of +1 corrective lens inserts for my new Rift as my old eyes need a bit of help focusing at the 1.5-2 metre effective focus distance of the Rift.

Being quick and easy to fit and remove for demoing the Rift to family and freiends would be a plus.

Looking for vendor/supplier recommendations.

Soldato
About £56 from widmovr for me
More expensive than the 3d print+lenses I had been looking at.Probably better fit though
Think I will need to get something like these even though I only got my rift yesterday glasses are a very snug fit and I am anal about scratching the lens in the headset

Associate
I've just purchased the WidmoVR lenses + adapter to use with my VR Cover interface so hopefully it goes well. There was a post on Reddit recently asking about the compatibility between the two and a couple people confirmed it was ok so should be good.

Soldato
I plan on getting the WidmoVR lenses soon too, though I've found my glasses are pretty comfortable. Using Oculus's recommendations for undoing all the straps before putting on and taking off the headset works very well. I am paranoid about scratching the rift lenses though, so I definitely do want to get some prescription lenses.

Soldato
I've just purchased the WidmoVR lenses + adapter to use with my VR Cover interface so hopefully it goes well. There was a post on Reddit recently asking about the compatibility between the two and a couple people confirmed it was ok so should be good.
How did this go m8?
I am just about to get some lenses and maybe a face cover/padding :)

Associate
my WidmoVR lenses arrived this week, and just given them the 1st go... personally, think they're great. Clips into the rift quite easily, but once they're there, there's nothing to worry about. They're not as close to my eyes as my glasses had to be, so I dont have any annoyances of eyelashes brushing on them. No noticeable downsides or problems with vision, so I'm a good 5/5 atm. My prescription is about -4.5 + astigmatism in one eye and -5.5 in the other, so I'm moderately badly short sighted, but these lenses are much thinner than my glasses and work a treat (but I had to have the thin "high index" option). They come with a little carry bag and some foam, so they can be easily stored if someone else wants to use the headset. As they mount into the Rift there's no need to worry about loosening the straps, or fitting in a particular order, like you have to do with glasses, so it's just far easier...

I did a little bit of wading through reviews before ordering, and got the impression that WidmoVR had better feedback than lenslab, which is why I went with them. Without having a set from lenslab, I couldn't compare the two, but there's no problems with WidmoVR for me at the moment...

not bothered with changing the padding either.

Associate
How did this go m8?
I am just about to get some lenses and maybe a face cover/padding :)

The WidmoVR lenses are great but unfortunately they do not fit correctly with the VRcover interface as I was led to believe on Reddit from some other users.
so I've had to fit them in to the original Rift face plate and they work perfectly as DereksDontRun commented above but unfortunately I prefer to use the VRcover interface as I hate the Rift foam so it's been a waste of a purchase for me.

So if anyone is in the same boat as me wanting to use the VR Cover interface then I think the best bet would to go with the the option Melmac linked to earlier:

https://vr-lens-lab.com/product/vr-frames-virtual-reality-glasses/

However if you're happy with the original Rift interface then I can highly recommend the WidmoVR lenses.

Last edited:
Associate
More expensive than the 3d print+lenses I had been looking at.Probably better fit though
Think I will need to get something like these even though I only got my rift yesterday glasses are a very snug fit and I am anal about scratching the lens in the headset

Can i ask what your prescription is, mine is pretty bad about -10 so I'm really nervous about getting these. So far I'm coping with contacts, but I usually take them out over the weekend to give my eyes a rest and it clashes because it's also time I could play VR. My current glasses are a bit too wide to play in rift comfortably...typically the high index lense I go for in my glasses come in at around £100 an eye...

Just had a look they only do up to a -8 bugger

Soldato
Thanks for the replies guys :)
my glasses are r +1.25 and l +1.75
so well within the specs for the lenses
Was going to get padded surround at same time to save on postage
As I `feel` a bit more distance from my eyes to lens would be better to avoid grease/dirty marks on the lens?

Associate

I went with a 3d Print and round glasses from Zenni optical. worked out far cheaper since since I needed 2 pairs. Also works well

Associate
Thanks for the replies guys :)
my glasses are r +1.25 and l +1.75
so well within the specs for the lenses
Was going to get padded surround at same time to save on postage
As I `feel` a bit more distance from my eyes to lens would be better to avoid grease/dirty marks on the lens?
A bit of distance between my eyes and the lenses can make a difference, though can be more noticeable depending on what I'm playing.

For example, if I'm playing something that isn't very active so I don't sweat too much (like Elite Dangerous) I can use a thinner pad with no problems (which for me gives a noticeably increase in FoV, especially vertically). However, if I play something really active like Rec Room or Soundboxing, due to the pad putting my eyes/lashes closes to the lenses, I can end up with smudged/sweaty lenses in minutes. Using a thicker pad in that case is definitely the better option to put that little bit of distance between me and the lenses.

Back
Top Bottom