Help Ryan fight his cancer

Caporegime
This has made me think about why it isn't legal in the UK to end life in these kind of situations as I would seriously consider it knowing my days are numbered. Hopefully cancer research and cures can move along fast and get better and better.

Don't give up mate. There's still hope. All of our days are numbered and yours will hopefully last a lot longer than you're thinking right now.

Man of Honour
Heart breaking news, been meaning to write a reply for a few days but tears keep flowing when I try to. At least he is no longer in any pain and he isn't having to suffer. I know his family and friends along with all of us are devastated by the news and were hoping for something positive with this trial treatment coming up.

I will be facing the same thing in years to come and I can only hope it was pain free for Ryan. This has made me think about why it isn't legal in the UK to end life in these kind of situations as I would seriously consider it knowing my days are numbered. Hopefully cancer research and cures can move along fast and get better and better.
As above, never give up. Good luck and keep fighting. We're with you too.

Xez

Xez

Associate
@Xez Keep going! Everyone is here to support and help just like we did with Ryan.

Wish you all the best as well

Thank you, the support for Ryan has been amazing and this community is great. I was stuck in hospital for five weeks, out for a week and now I'm back in due to an infection. Things chemotherapy does to the body!

Trying to stay positive and I am for the most part but hearing of Ryans death is hard to hear and I know one day in a few years I will face the same, I just hope my family and fiance can cope with it all and I want them to be OK more than me as it's putting a lot of strain having to travel an hour to see me in hospital at the moment.

Soldato
@Xez I can imagine, if you ever need cheering up pop on here while stuck in hospital as i'm sure everyone will try and help to improve your mood or read some of the GD antics that people get up too lol

Soldato
Can only echo the above , I was in hospital for 10 days with a broken leg so although no where near as serious as your situation I can relate to your hospital stays.

If it gets you down pop on here and we'll do our best to cheer you up.

Man of Honour
OP
Heart breaking news, been meaning to write a reply for a few days but tears keep flowing when I try to. At least he is no longer in any pain and he isn't having to suffer. I know his family and friends along with all of us are devastated by the news and were hoping for something positive with this trial treatment coming up.

I will be facing the same thing in years to come and I can only hope it was pain free for Ryan. This has made me think about why it isn't legal in the UK to end life in these kind of situations as I would seriously consider it knowing my days are numbered. Hopefully cancer research and cures can move along fast and get better and better.

Try and stay positive and try and to hold onto the determination that you can. Easy words for someone like me to say, and seeing Ryan's news must be harrowing to read. I cannot begin to imagine what you, or Ryan or others in similar circumstances feel like or what you are going through. It is undoubtedly nearly impossible not to feel a sense of hopelessness or fear. I urge you, if you can, to try and draw on as many positives as you can - always happy for a chat if you need to.

Soldato
Oh my God. I'd been following Ryan's progress on and off but haven't been on the forums as much recently.

Just now I thought to check the thread to see what's happening with him and have read every single member's heartfelt reply. I started at page 13 including Ryan's last message about draining some fluid....

And then I read post #310. :( Started crying.

Just unbelievable that this has actually happened. Even more sad that you can go back a few pages and see Ryan's replies, yet he's not around and can't reply anymore. That's such a sad and horrible thought.

I didn't know him but I'm deeply saddened.
And really, a fantastic community spirit at OCuK that came together to help Ryan.

I wish the best of health and my condolences to his family, partner and friends. R.I.P Ryan :(

PS..Someone change his avatar status to Man of Honour.
PSS...Best wishes to Xez, hope he's doing well! :)

Associate
I'm posting here in case some of you hadn't heard about Xez who I met via the Distributed Computing sub forum and he was very supportive when I found out my twin brother has bowel cancer also.... Sadly Xez (Rob) he has lost his battle.... RIP Rob

Back
Top Bottom